Don't

A/N: Hey, I'm sorry its been so long.  I've been kind of sick lately and full of stress and so behind in school, but updates are back :) There is a flashback to start. It is in Italics and brackets {}.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{"Daddy! Daddy!" you cried as you entered your small home on Korriban, "Look what I found!". When you were out playing in the dry riverbeds, you came upon what looked like half of a lightsaber, your mother's lightsaber. 

Bursting into your parent's room, you cried out again, "Daddy!". You dropped half the lightsaber as you looked around the room. The once always clean room was disheveled. 

"Daddy?" you whispered, walking deeper into the room, only to find horror unfold in front of you. 

"DADDY NO!"}

"General, General! Wake up!" Kix begged, shaking your shoulders a bit. 

Your eyes slowly opened as you woke up from a deep sleep. All the men, and Kody, were staring at you on the floor. "What happened?" you asked with a gloomy tone. 

"You were sleeping General. We figured to leave you alone, but then you screamed," Rex explained with compassion, taking a seat by your side. 

"When are we arriving at Coruscant?" you mumbled, it being a sign for the remainder of the onlooking men to go back to their own discussions. 

Rex shrugged his shoulders as he got up to talk with the other men, leaving you with Kody, who you knew was aware of your nightmare. 

After a few moments of silence he finally spoke what was on his mine,"Why are you full of anger?"

Anger? The word caught you off guard. Anger. What leads one to evil. Am I really full of anger? In the few minutes you had before the mission, you reminisced your past. Your setbacks, your demons. You weren't sure if Kody knew who you were, let alone what even happened in your early years of knowing the force.  Are my feelings ones of anger? Was Yoda right?  

"You know master, attachments lead to anger,"Kody whispered, his words sending chills through your whole body. 

(.......................)

"Okay! Jesse and Kix go check out the scene in sector I-33. Dogma and Tup, sector IG44, Rex and Fives, H-52. I'll be with Kody in sector 1459. If you see anything suspicious, let me know. Rumor has it there are some, uh, concerning people here," you informed your men, hopping into a speeder with Kody, "we'll meet here at 19 hundred."

"Yes sir!" They chanted back, all departing to their locations. But before they all left, Rex lifted up his helmet and gave you a small smile. 

That was the worst part of war. You never knew if it would be the last smile.

(...........)

"Okay Rex," Fives finally said after a single word was not even spoken during the mission, which was weird for Rex, "who is it."

Rex stopped in his tracks and took off his helmet, looking at his brother, "What do you mean?".

"The General. You have a special relationship with her don't you? Like a friendly relationship," Fives exclaimed. 

"Isn't she friendly with all of us?" Rex tried to cover the truth. 

Fives exhaled with a laugh, "Friendlier with you." 

Rex rolled his eyes and put his helmet back in, focusing on the mission, "She's my friend," he sternly stated as a running shadow caught the corner of his eye. 

Fives grunted in response of not getting Rex to crack as he followed Rex, "What is it?"

"Just follow me."

(......................)

You sighed as Kody kept rambling on about every last detail of his training at the temple, "I went through Jedi Training too you know," you groaned. 

"Am I annoying you?" he innocently asked. 

You were hesitant on a response, "I'm not sure how much you know about missions, but there isn't usually much talking."

"I'm so-" Kody was cut off by your comlink. 

"General it's Rex, come in."

"Yes Captain?" you nonchalantly replied, smiling at the sound of his voice.

"There's a suspicious individual coming towards your sector, fairly tall, hooded. We are headed your way," he informed you.

"Thank you Captain, see you soon." You were on high alert and began to get an odd feeling from the force. A few minutes of snooping around the lower levels off Coruscant later, you spotted who you believed Rex was talking about. As he entered an abandon warehouse, you and Kody followed a safe distance behind. 

"Now Kody," you whispered, "that can be anyone. Keep your distance, be careful. If there's any confrontation, leave it to me."

He nodded as you entered the warehouse. The presence of the force hit you hard, harder than ever before. 

"Father?" you called out, hand on your lightsaber. 

The hooded figure jumped from the floor above through a hole in the collapsed ceiling. "I'm surprised you still call me that," he growled, approaching you. 

"Was I supposed to change my past, because I believe that's not possible," you said, looking straight at him. 

He turned around, revealing his face to you; the face you haven't seen in over ten years. He inhaled deeply, "You've grown up to be such a beautiful young woman," he choked, pulling his hood off, "why won't you join me?".

You tried your hardest to maintain a relaxed tone, "Because of what you did to our family. You lied to me. You made me believe in false reality. You told me you were a Jedi."

Dooku began to slowly walk towards you, stopping just a few steps from your body. "I am sorry you feel that way my dear," he said, placing his fingers on your shoulder. 

The gesture made you look at your shoulder in confusion. Suddenly, his eyes changed from sorrow to fear as electricity shot from his fingers, into your body, throwing you back and onto the ground. Kody began to run towards you, but then stopped suddenly. He grabbed his lightsaber from his belt and turned it on, charging towards Dooku. 

"Kody no!" you yelled with all you had in you, but your pleas didn't seem to do anything, "Father, please don't hurt him!". 

Fearing the worst, you tried to get up, but you had no success. All you could do is watch and hope your padawan will make it out of the dual alive. Hit after hit Kody fought with his all. Midichlorian level did not matter, experience did and Kody had none. 

As you watched in horror, Rex and Fives burst into the warehouse. Rex ran to your side as Fives started to fire at Dooku. 

"Father don't hurt them!" you cried out in pain. He didn't even turn his head to acknowledge you. You began to regret your feelings of annoyance towards Kody. Your own selfishness made you hate having a padawan and ignore him, not train him. As you were drowning in thoughts of regret, Rex pulled you out of the warehouse so you couldn't see the battle anymore. 

That's when you heard Kody cry out, "Master help me!".

But you couldn't help him, you were too weak from your father's wrath. You watched your father run out of the warehouse and disappear into the darkness of the Coruscant night. 

Fearing the worst, you looked at the warehouse and saw Fives walking out, carrying Kody's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  I am so sorry about lack of an update. My life has been so rough lately and I will try my hardest to update as much as possible. Thank you all :)