Come Back

A/N: Yet another Umbara chapter. I'm dedicating this chapter to  CupcakePanda17. I'm not even sure if she reads my story, but her work is really amazing and one of her recent One-Shots (Shattered) spoke to me in a way no other piece of writing has. I highly recommend her one-shot book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You spent the rest of the day with your new padawan. Fortunately, he seemed like a pretty fun person to be around. He was serious about his training, yet had a lively, go with the flow, personality. After you arrived back to the temple with Kody, you rushed to your quarters to try to contact Rex. You stared at you holoprojector, waiting for a response, but the longer you went without the connection going through, the more worried you got. A few minutes of waiting later, you began to expect the worse. You felt the worst.

In fear, you ran out of your quarters and went to Anakin's, banging on the door. He quickly opened it. 

"What?" Anakin groaned, he seemed to be very tired. 

"WeNeedToGoBackToUmbara," you say so fast it sounded like one word. 

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Why do we need to go back?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. 

"I can't get in contact with any of the men, and the last time I did get in contact with them, it seemed as if something was going on," you complained, walking into Anakin's room, sitting down on his bed, "we must go back.".

"(Y/N), they have Krell. They are in good hands. The council trusts him. You're worrying way too much, which is fine. It takes a while, but you'll eventually learn to know that they are fine if you aren't there," Anakin explained to you.

"I guess so, but I sense something isn't right," you sighed, getting up off of his bed. 

"Wait!" Anakin somewhat yelled before you left, "Do you really want to go back?".

You nodded your head before he spoke again, "There's something else, isn't there."

"Maybe," you quickly said almost running out his room. 

"Is it Rex?" he whispered, just loud enough for you to hear. Upon hearing his words, you slowly started to walk back into his room. 

"I need to go," you rushed to say, leaving Anakin's room quick.

(..........)

"Now try to concentrate on the blocks," you whisper to Kody from across the room, pacing back and forth. With only a few lessons into your training with your new padawan, Kody was becoming more and more powerful, for his age that is.

"Master?" he asked, his eyes still shut, "how am I supposed to focus if my own master can't?".

His comment made you stop pacing and raise an eyebrow. He's still so young, how could he sense your worry over Umbara.

"You are stronger with the force than I thought," you informed Kody, "A padawan has never been this force sensitive.". You walked over to a shelf and grabbed your datapad, pulling up Kody's information. The first thing you checked was his Midichlorian count. 16,000. 

On Umbara

"Rex! Are you okay?!" Dogma yelled as he ran up to Rex's body, laying on the ground, "The captain is down! The captain is down! Kix!" 

The men took out all of the Umbarans from that confrontation, but it didn't mean there weren't more coming. Dogma knelled on the ground and took Rex's helmet off, then watched him for a few seconds. The small rise in his chest confirmed he was breathing. When Kix arrived, he shook Rex a bit and softly hit his face.

"Rex, Rex, wake up!" Kix pleaded, getting his way. Rex's eyes slowly opened as a confused look formed on his face. Kix began to explain that he probably just passed out under the stress of Krell and that he was going to be fine. 

"Yeah, but will the 501st be fine?" Rex mumbled to himself as he got up. He didn't remember much of what happened in the moments before he passed out, but he did know that Krell was still there and he didn't have the luxury of having you and Anakin. Before Rex even got to talk with his men, Krell appeared from the shadows, completely unscathed. 

"I thought you clones were supposed to be the best! If you did your training on Kamino right, it shouldn't have taken you this long to fight off that wave of Umbarans!" Krell began to walk to Kix, who was on the ground, tending a severely injured soldier. "How pathetic!" Krell growled, kicking the hurt clone then looking around at the three other fallen soldiers, "if you tried harder, they wouldn't be dead. Luckily, each and every one of you are expandable. Replaceable lab rats," Krell finished bitterly. 

Upon the completion of Krell's words, the anger finally boiled over in Fives. Fives formed a fist and charged at Krell, to only be stopped by his also hurt brothers. Once Krell was far enough away, they talked to him. 

"The generals, the real generals, will be back soon Fives. Don't worry," Jesse tried to comfort Fives. But just like Rex, he knew it was a lie. 

As the 501st marched towards the Umbaran airbase, Rex and Fives talked strategy. Fives tried to explain the mission you talked to him about. Rex thought it was a good idea, but knew Krell would never allow anything like to to happen.  

Hours later, the 501st had made its way to the Umbaran airbase and forced them to surrender. Krell failed to make an appearance during the fight ti get that base though, which didn't rub off to well on the men.  After Krell's short job assignment, he left for the command room, which gave the men free range of the base; temporarily. 

"Where's Rex?" Hardcase asked Fives, who was pretty occupied with working on a machine. 

"Probably up in command, being Krell's puppet," Fives huffed, throwing his tool across the room, "I'm pretty fed up with him.".

"You're not alone on that one. And don't you think these jobs are strange. Shouldn't the Jedi be doing a little bit more than starting out a window?" Hardcase sarcastically asked, crossing his arms. 

"Well our generals are doing things the right way," Fives answered with some venom in his voice. 

"We lost over half our battalion trying to hand this base over to Krell. Over half! Yes, General (Y/LN) is new, but she seems to be very similar to General Skywalker, and with him, our highest fatality during a battle was six. Krell's is closer to sixty!" Hardcase groaned, his volume rising, causing Jesse to hear and come over. 

"I don't understand either," Jesse complained as he approached Fives and Hardcase. 

"You know guys," Fives said, getting up from under the equipment and standing close to Hardcase and Jesse. His voice fell to a whisper, "I have a plan.".

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey sorry this was so late! I've just been so so busy lately, especially because my home guard competition was this weekend. I hope I will be able to start updating more frequently soon! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. :) I'm trying to stall off the most emotional parts of the Umbara arc, but I think next chapter may be the one where I actually have to do it. :(