Not Quite Right

A/N: Hey sorry this took so long. I've be so so busy lately. But as an FYI for this chapter (which is the first of a few Umbara ones), there is going to be a nightmare. The nightmare is in italics and is in between brackets like these {}.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Rex's eyes shut as he took a deep breath. You knew he wouldn't have much of a reaction, but you still feared what he would do. Speechless, he pulled you in for a hug, and that's all he had to do.

"I'm sorry," you whisper against his shoulder.

"No, I'm sorry," he replied as tears begin to fall down your face. He pulled away from you and with his thumb, he wiped a tear off your cheek, "it's okay mesh'la, it's all okay."

You made a small smile as he did so, then laiddown on your bed, Rex still sitting up. As you were laying down, he was softlyrubbing your back, knowing your conversation with him emotionally drained you. 

Aftera while, Rex decided to lay down next to you, "Goodnight mesh'la," he whispered, kissing you softly. 

"I love you Rex," you smile, curling up next to him, falling asleep to the beat of his heart.

During the night, your pleasant sleep took a turn for the worst. 

{You were walking around in complete darkness, unaware of your whereabouts. All you could identify were three shadows. One looked like a young child. One looked like Rex, and you only knew that because the armor. The last one looked like a massive blob.

"What do you want!?" you yelled in fear as the smaller shadow ran up to your side before disappearing.  "Who are you?!"

"It's too late (Y/N)," the shadow that looked like Rex screamed, the voice confirming it was him, "No, NO, help me, (Y/N), help me!". The blob shadow seemed to make Rex's shadow disappear.

"Rex! Rex! Who are you where is he?! Rex?!}

"Rex!" you yelled waking up. Rex was instantly awoken by your screamed. 

"Mesh'la?! What's wrong? Was it a nightmare?!" there was concern in his voice. 

"Rex," you sighed, wrapping your arms around him, "You're here, I'm okay.". And your embrace with him didn't break until you two woke up together the next morning. 

(..............)

In the morning, you woke up to Rex playing with your hair. "You worried me last night," he mumbled, curling your hair around his finger. 

"I'm fine," you insured him, "but I just remembered I have a briefing to go to soon about the Umbara mission."

"Alright, I'll let you go," Rex whined, kissing your forehead, "I'll see you soon."

You smiled as you left for the command room.

(..................)

As the hologram of Umbara popped up, you shook your head, "Are you sure about this?" you asked, squinting your eyes a bit.

"I sense something is wrong (Y/N)," Obi-Wan commented while stroking his beard.

"I just think it's a risky mission," you added. The truth was, you sensed evil. You sensed the Sith. You sensed your father.

"(Y/N), you and Anakin will start from the East and make your way to their air base. I will take the 212th and start in the West and make our way to the capital. Once the 501st takes the airbase, we will both approach the capital from both sides, launching a full scale invasion. It should work," Obi-Wan ran down the plan. Regardless of the plans, even though they seemed pretty good, you still could not get the Sith sensation out of your head.