Secret Plans

You grabbed his hand and took him to your wall. As you did earlier, you touched the circle on the painting and the facial recognition was activated. You kept quiet as he entered the elevator with you. It's not like you had nothing to say because you had so much you wanted to say, but you just couldn't put the words together. He could tell you were slightly uncomfortable but he didn't want to bother you by interrupting your thoughts. 

"Rex, look. I know you're going to have a lot of questions so bear with me, please," you begged, giving him loving eyes. 

He nodded in response, "no matter what I'll still love you," he whispered, knowing that it was something you needed to hear. The elevator door open and you two stepped out. Rex looked around the room, mesmerized by what he was seeing. This is the first time you let anyone down here. Rex continued to be in awe as you stood there looking down at your feet. 

"What is all of this?" he asked softly.

"When I was younger, I liked to play around with things. Anything technical. It was a hobby to get my mind off things," you explained, taking a seat by your desk. 

He followed you to the desk and sat in a chair near you, "but what is all of it? What does it do? It looks really impressive!"

You shrugged, "Gonna be honest, I'm not sure. My dad used to invent all of these things, he WAS a smart man. Not so much anymore. So many of these things here are things he left unfinished. He was fascinated by genetics, so that's what I assume they are mostly related to."

"Dooku liked genetics?" he questioned, taking a quick glance around. 

You winced at the sound of that. Hearing your fathers name was something you hated more than anyone would ever know. "Loved it," you replied. 

"Wait, (Y/N). If this is his work down here, this could lead to some helpful tips to the war effort. We can see how his brain works and how he thinks of things and-"

"Rex!" you cut him off, "it's too late for that"

"How?"

"Because I've know most of what's down here for a long time. There are things down here that I could get in so much trouble for not telling anyone. It is such a burden on me. Some of the things I've lived with hurt so much. I love you, but I didn't plan on taking you down here until I found something mortifying," you said while tearing up, "you're in danger Rex."

Rex walked over to you and hugged you from behind your chair. This only made you go into a full on sob. Rex has never seen you like this and he was getting quite worried. 

"Rex, I'm scared," you cried. 

He looked at you sympathetically, "There is nothing you can do to break the bond we have mesh'la," he reassured you. 

After a few moments if silence, you got the courage to speak, "I found something that belonged to my dad," you took a deep breath, "according to this, he aided in the cloning process for the whole army."

Rex gave you a perplexed look, "What makes you think that?"

"It's literally right here," you barely let you, pointing to the file labeled Kamino 23 BBY.

He walked over to the desk and picked it up, handing it to you, "I'd prefer not to open something like this," he told you, then sat on the floor. 

You got up and sat next to him, the folder in your hand. "Rex," you sighed, "in here is things I know you won't like. In here are things I don't like."

"Well, how about before we open it, you tell me how your father was capable of having an input in clone production," Rex suggested, Hoping it would calm you down a bit.

"It's a long story," you warned him.

"For you, I've got all the time in the world," he smiled, kissing you softly. 

"Okay, it all began when my dad was in Jedi training. Around the time got an apprentice, he met my mom and they fell in love. When I was born, my father started training me as well. Soon after it became evident that there would be a war coming soon. Unfortunately, the Republic did not have an army and they set my father and his apprentice in charge of determining how the Republic should go about an army. While they were nearing the end of planning this, there was an accident with my father's apprentice's training. My brother was nearly killed in this accident. Only a few of his organs could be saved, that's why now he's mostly bionic. The accident alone filled my father with anger but what made it worse is that my mother thought it would be better to leave my brother for dead rather than turn him into a cyborg. That didn't go well with my dad. He killed my mother out of anger then left for the dark side with my brother, leaving me alone His apprentice took me to the temple, where I got a new master, but anyway. Immediately my father submitted the plans for the clone army. He made a few modifications that would eventually lead to the fall of the Republic. I have no idea why no-one knew about this, but it's all here in this folder,"  you explained. 

You looked at Rex for a reaction, which was blank, "I'm sorry growing up was so rough for you," he finally said. 

"Rex, I'm not my concern. It's you and your brothers."

"What is it?" 

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" you asked him, fear in your eyes. 

Rex took a moment to breathe then nodded his head. 

"Right here is the exact genetic make up with modifications for clones. Not the genetic code they told the Republic, but the code they actually used," you said, handing him the folder. 

"Hey, mesh'la. I'd rather hear it from you," he sighed, handing the folder back to you.

You looked at him with empathy, "if you insist."

Slowly, you opened the folder and started laying some papers out. Sensing that you were uncomfortable, Rex put his arm around you and kissed your temple. And for the millionth time, he assured you that no matter what, he would still love you. First, you showed him the original code for the clones. It was just a simple human, with the rate of growth doubled and other small modifications. Nothing too terrible. 

Then, you showed him the real code. That's when the horrible truth came out. It showed an organic implant that would go into each clone's brain during early development. With one trigger phrase, this implant would rupture, causing the clones to succumb to minions of the dark side of the force. No matter how hard they tried, they wouldn't be able to fight it. 

Rex looked at you with tears in his eyes, "I can't hurt you. I can't hurt you!" His tears turned into full on sobs. 

"Rex, ner alor'ad," you said in the most calming voice you could make, "you won't hurt me, there's a way out of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this was shorter than I wanted but this felt like a good stopping point :)