3. Rewards & Oaths

3. Rewards & Oaths

Percy POV

Once I had reached my cabin I began packing up my stuff; the minotaur horn, photos, my clothes, my camp necklace (which had been here since Hera took me) and finally the box.

I had asked Hephaestus and Athena to help me make a ring for Annabeth, it was made of Olympian silver and had a turquoise gem set in the middle. When you looked on the inside of it you could see a trident and an owl stamped next to each other.

I gingerly opened the box and took it out, examining it in my hand before stringing it on my camp necklace. Taking a final look around the cabin I once called home, I walked out the door.

Everyone who had been fighting were now just standing around helping the Romans, or helping campers who were injured. But once they saw me, they stopped. They all watched me as I made my way up to the big house to talk to Chiron. Chiron himself was standing on the porch, organising the two camps.

"Chiron," I called, my voice cracking, "I'm going to leave."

He smiled at my sympathetically, "Ok, but please just wait till you have seen the Gods, they have summoned you."

I frowned, what could the possible want... Haven't we done enough for them already?

**

It was a few hours later when me, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Nico, Reyna and Coach Hedge were summoned to Olympus.

We were at Olympus in the throne room of the Gods. I looked around, remembering how excited Annabeth was when she was told she was in charge of rebuilding it. She had locked herself in her cabin for days, refusing to come out and see anyone. I sighed; at least I will see her in Elysium.

"Demi-gods! And satyr," Zeus thundered, "We have called you here to thank you for your service, and grant you your rewards."

Hades snapped his fingers and suddenly Annabeth, Piper and Jason appeared.

"Don't get your hopes up, I can't bring them back," Hades told us sadly, "but they deserve rewards as well."

"Right, Jason. Come here." Zeus, now in his Roman form - Jupiter, beckoned.

Jason walked up to his father and bowed.

"Now I can't grant you much, but if you and Piper ever want to be reborn then I swear on the River Styx that Piper will go with you. And you will even remember each other." Jupiter told him, smiling down at his dead son.

"Piper!" Aphrodite called, "The reborn thing is your reward too, and also I promise you and Jason will always be happy together."

"Now Annabeth," Athena smiled at her daughter, "Hades and I have been talking and you know about his problems with the underworld, we both agreed that you will help him design it. If you want to of course. And you can also finish rebuilding Olympus; Hades is granting you a special pass so you can come up here to help."

Jason, Piper and Annabeth smiled gratefully at their parents before they were all sent back to Elysium.

"Now the rest of you! Coach Hedge come up here please." Dionysus shouted.

Coach Hedge looked a lot like Grover at this moment in time, he was nervously bleating as he stumbled up to the wine God. It was eerily out of character for him, usually so loud and confident.

"For your brave service, expert advice, blah blah blah. You are allowed to retire and look after your child and never will you be tasked with finding obnoxious demi-gods again!" Dionysus told him, his usual bored expression on his face.