4. Revenge

4. Revenge

Percy POV

I woke up in my bedroom, in my mum's apartment. I groggy sat up, head spinning as I looked around my room. It was just as I had left it, even the moonlace was still outside on my windowsill.

What happened? How did I even get here? The last thing I remember was- They didn't!

How dare they! They knew I wouldn't accept it; I wanted to be in Elysium with Annie. And now I can't even demand they make me mortal again, I told them I wanted no contact. Knowing Zeus he wouldn't let me in to see them, even if I am one of them now.

"Percy! Is that you?" my mum called from the other room.

"Yeah mum, it's me." I replied, sighing as I got out of my bed.

I walked out into the hall and she looked shocked to see me. Oh yeah, haven't seen her in like a year.

"Percy!" She exclaimed and ran over to hug me, "It really is you! I missed you so much."

I smiled as I looked down at her, tears in my eyes, " I missed you too mum."

"Well come on then, we have a lot to catch up on. Do you want me to bake you some cookies? Blue of course." She asked me, joyful tears rolling down her face.

I smiled sadly as I looked at her; I have so much to tell her.

She let me into the kitchen and made me sit down, "So how have you been?" she asked, smiling. "And why didn't you call me!?" she glared at me before her smile returned.

"I'm sorry mum; it's not really my fault. Hera, the lovely goddess, decided to put me to sleep for eight months. Then I was just too busy with war preparation and other things." I told her, not going into detail about Tartaurus and the fact we didn't all survive.

"Ok, I'll forgive you. But you better make sure you call me next time! Why didn't Annabeth remind you? She seems to have the brains of both of you." She asked smiling, my heart clenched as I tried to think of a reply.

"I guess she just forgot; you know how she is when we have war council." I told my mum, hoping she didn't see through my smile.

"There wasn't a repeat of last time was there?" she asked, glaring at me.

I'd almost forgotten about that, last time we did war prep me and Nico got bored of Annabeth taking charge so I made Nico summon a skeleton to dance around behind her. She wasn't happy. Then she blamed me for all of it! Nico is way too good at fake crying.

"No, don't worry. I definitely learned my lesson." I replied, subconsciously rubbing my arm where she had punched me.

"So when is she going to come over, and the other people from your quest?" she asked kindly, "I can make dinner for you."

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly as I replied, "I'm not sure, I'll ask though."

"Are you alright Percy?" she asked, taking my chin and looking into my eyes quizzically, "Did something happen?"

Too much.

"No I'm fine mum, I must just be tired." I told her.

"Ok then, so what did the Gods grant you for helping them this time?" she asked, handing me a cookie from the tray she had just got out of the oven.

"Well, I asked them to leave me alone so don't worry about me running off again. And to make Hestia and Hades Olympians." I said smiling, hoping to reassure her.