13. Interrogation, Volume II

Tony POV

I looked up from the screen I front of me as I heard a crash from the living room.

"What was that?" Bruce asked, glancing out the doorway.

"Well, let's find out," I told him, swinging one of the screens towards me so I could pull up footage from the living room. Everyone was lying on the floor and the sphere that Bruce and I were working on earlier was above them emitting a pulsing white light. Two men were dragging Percy off the floor and towards the window while a third was taking into some kind of headset.

"Why aren't the others moving?" Bruce questioned, looking quizzically at the footage.

"I don't know but I think we should go help them," I said, pressing a button on my wrist so my suit formed around me. (A/N Infinity War anyone?)

"I don't think you want to have to rebuild your tower for a second time because I hulled out, so I'll stay here and track where the men go," Bruce told me, turning back to the screen and typing in a few lines of code to make the cameras track the men's movements.

I headed out the door of the lab but before I reached the living room I heard someone cry out. Rushing to the door I tried to get inside but it wouldn't open, even after I shot at it.

"Tony, it's Bruce. The orb thing in the room seems to be immobilising the others and keeping the door from opening. The only way in is to go outside and fly round to the window," I heard Bruce voice in my ear.

I turned back down the hall towards the window before I stopped, I couldn't move.

"Bruce, I can't move. What's going on in there?" I asked, firing my jets in the hope it would let me move. It didn't, and now I have to replace the carpets... Again.

"They are taking Percy towards the window, they must have a chopper outside. The orb is now flashing a yellow colour which I don't think is good."

"When I designed the new tower I gave the windows override switches, can you try to lock the windows to stop them leaving?"

"On it."

I waited a few minutes, asking JARVIS to put on some music so I could kill the time.

"It worked! Oh wait... I think that was a bad idea."

"Why? What's happening? JARVIS show me footage of the room."

The three men were moving to the sides of the room and hunching over Percy, as if protecting him. The chopper, which I could now see, was lining up with the window with its machine guns aiming forwards. That's not good.

"Bruce, open the windows! Open them now, the others will be shot if the chopper fires."

"I know," I heard his frantic voice call over, "For some reason the code only works one way so I'm having to override the override code to shut the window. You really should fix that by the way."

"Yes, I'll take that into consideration," I snarked back, "have you got it yet? The chopper seems to be waiting which means, hopefully, they don't want to kill us."

"Almost... Got it!" he exclaimed.

"Thank God," I replied before realising we basically just handed Percy over to them.

"I know Tony," Bruce replied, obviously hearing my sigh, "But we had to save the others. The orb seems to following them so hopefully everyone will be able to move again and we can go rescue him."

"I hope so."

***

Percy POV

I woke up on a cold floor, aching in ways I didn't know I could. Really, two kidnappings in like two days. I'm a God, why don't I seem to have any added powers. Actually, thinking about it, even my demigod powers have been weaker than normal since I got my immortality. I'll ask Apollo about that when I, hopefully, see him again.

Having no energy to get up I stayed lying down on the floor and took in my surroundings, Annabeth would be proud. The room was much larger than I expected, about seven or so meters and a square shape. There was a thick metal door on the wall to my right but other than that the room was bare, not even any windows. In the middle of the room was a slightly rusty metal table with a chair either side, obviously someone has the intention to ask me some questions. Too bad for them, this floor is comfy.

Deciding it would be a waste of time and my limited energy to plan any sort of escape at that moment, I decided to go back to sleep.

What felt like a few minutes but was probably a few hours later; a kick to the ribs jerked me awake and I clutched my chest and curling in on myself from pain.

"Up." a voice above my head ordered.

I shook my head, still too tired and in pain to muster up the energy to speak. I'm nothing if not stubborn.

Another hard kick to my side followed the next order for me to stand but I still refused. If they want me to talk then it's on my terms, even if those terms include me in pain on the floor.

After a third try at making me stand on my own the person just lifted me up and carried me to the chair, strapping my arms down. That's probably not good.

As this obviously wasn't going to happen on my terms I opened my eyes and looked at my kidnapper. He was about 30 and wearing light grey clothing, no symbols or names anywhere on it that could give away the identity of who had taken me.

"Behave," he told me with steely eyes before leaving the room. About a minute later he returned with another man who walked over to the table and sat in front of me, examining me intently.

He looked about 60 with grey hair and glasses but he had a look on his face that told me not to underestimate him. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Interesting, no concern of your own safety or whereabouts. As for your question, I was going to ask you the very same thing. Who are you and what are you?" he asked me, taking off his glasses and looking into my eyes.

My blood froze at the last bit of his question but I tried to laugh it off, "What do you mean? I'm a human, just unlucky enough to have made it onto S.H.I.E.L.D's radar. Why am I here?"

His voice took on a softer, lethal tone as he replied, "That is the question, is it not. Why would you be here if you are just a human, as you say you are. And why would a simple human have access to celestial bronze?"

I felt like prey as I looked into sharp his eyes and tried to come up with an acceptable answer, "I don't know about celestial bronze, Loki told me that it's not from earth but I don't know anything else."

He smiled, "Loki is half right, the material is from earth but if you believe the legends, it is the stuff of God's. Very few mortals were given it and I recall none being given a sword such as yours. So, tell me, what are you?"

"Sorry, don't know how to help you there. I'm just a mortal."

He smiled again, "dear boy, I suspect you are about as mortal as I am. No matter, we will get the truth from you."

*************

Sorry for the time delay, and bad grammar.

I haven't exactly planned this story out but I know how it ends, it just takes a while to write the in-between. That sounds odd. If I ever decide not to continue then I will post a really brief summary with an ending, but don't worry I will almost definitely continue.

Next chapter will be short, just the rescue.

QOTU - Have you guys figured out the stars (*) at the end of each chapter yet? ;p

Let me know when you do, it's really obvious once you notice.

Hello Bob! ⭐ (and small bob)