12. The First Prophecy

Percy POV

'The eye of the storm,

Centre of a hurricane,

Through broken chains,

To find your domain.'

Rachel woke up from her trance and stared at me, "What did I say?" she asked.

I recounted the prophecy to her and looked at Apollo, "That seems easier to follow than your other prophecies; I just need to find my domain."

Apollo shrugged and looked at me, "It may be easier to understand the meaning but how to you plan on finding your domain?"

I paused and thought for a minute, this actually might be a problem. Not to mention that the broken chains bit sounded very ominous.

"How did you find your domains?" Rachel asked Apollo.

"We didn't have to; Zeus just told us." He told her and then looked over at me, "I'm sure he's laughing at your predicament now but you'll have to find them out yourself."

"I don't suppose he'll just tell me then." I muttered with a sigh, "Thanks for all the help anyway, I need to get back."

"No problem Perce, just pray to me if you need anything else. Where are you staying anyway? I heard what happened to your mother"

"What happened to Sally!?" Rachel exclaimed.

"She was possessed and jumped off our apartment building, she's fine but I'm not allowed to live with her anymore; and because she never gave Paul any legal guardianship over me I've been put in the system." I told her.

"Why can't you stay at camp? Or on Olympus?" she asked me.

"I'll not give Zeus the satisfaction of having to crawl back to him so I can stay on Olympus and gods can't stay in camp, Dionysus is only allowed because it's his punishment."

"Who are you staying with then?"

"The Avengers."

***

I arrived back at the tower and stared at the elevator in the lobby. I can do this; I need to start facing my fears.

I started forward before the memories could overcome me and entered the elevator. I grasped the handrail on the side as I regained control of my breathing. One in, one out, one in, one ou-

A hand on my shoulder brought me back to the present and I found myself staring into deep green eyes. I saw a flicker of concern in them before Loki just sighed and pressed the button for the right floor.

"Come on mortal, stop standing around and get out the elevator." He said, nudging me as we reached our floor.

I rushed out and headed to my room, throwing myself onto my bed as the memories started to come back. Bob, Damasen, Small Bob... was it even worth it...

"Why don't you like the elevator?" Loki asked from my doorway.

I turned round to face him, "it's none of your business, please just leave me alone."

"Nope," he said, "I'm bored and you are the most interesting mortal here. For one, your sword is made from a material not of this earth. How did you come across it?"

"It's a family heirloom," I told him, not entirely lying (I'm not sure if all gods can sense stuff like that); "It's been in my family for as long as I can remember. What is it made of?"