15. The Past & The Present

Loki POV

Percy was lying in one of the medical bay beds back in the Avenger's tower, still muttering to himself but now in a language they didn't understand. Bruce was dressing his many wounds and everyone else was just waiting round his bedside, having nothing to do but not wanting to leave.

"I just don't understand why he was taken, and what did he mean by his domains?" Tony asked, looking at everyone.

"I have an idea and I think I can help but I need you all to trust me" I said, still looking at Percy.

"What do you need to do?" my righteous brother asked me, an accusing look in his eye.

"I need to look through his mind, I don't think this is just flesh wounds I think whoever took him tampered with his mind," I told him.

"Will it hurt him?" Natasha asked, stepping up next to Thor and looking at my worriedly.

"I don't know, it will depend on the extent of the damage and what was actually don't to him. I need everyone to be silent whilst I work or I could end up making it worse, I think you all need to leave," I told them, waiting for the cries of outrage.

"Ok brother, I trust you. We will all be outside the door if you need us," he told me, walking outside with the others.

Once they had gone I looked again at Percy, he was covered head to toe in bandages from where had been beaten but from what I knew of him he wasn't the sort of person who gives in after just physical pain, which is why I thought maybe some tampering with his mind had occurred. But why was he taken in the first place, who would want some mortal. But after his mentioning of domains I don't think he is as mortal as he says. There is a lot you aren't telling us.

I closed my eyes and put my hands on his head, projecting myself into his mind. I headed towards his latest memories to see what had happened but decided to look into his past whilst I was there, I won't get another change with my brother constantly hovering around. I walked into Percy's past but was met with an impenetrable wall that surrounded all but his earliest and latest memories. Did he build this wall, I've never seen anyone have to construct something like this without having suffered lots. I decided to have a glance at his earliest memory before heading to the present.

I was standing in a small rundown apartment in New York. It was raining heavily outside, rain and wind obscuring any views outside the window except when occasional flashed of lightning lit up the buildings in New York's famous skyline. I looked down and saw a new-born child, Percy I assume, lying in a crib clutching a sea green blanket. He was looking towards the door, unshed tears in his eyes and suddenly I could hear shouting coming from next to me. I turned and saw two people, a woman, a younger Percy's mother, dressed in cheap clothes yet still looking beautiful and a man whom I had never seen before who was dressed in some sort of tunic and had black hair and the same sea green eyes as Percy does, this must be his father. They were arguing over something though I couldn't hear the words until I stepped closer.

"Please, you don't have to go. Think of our son, he will need you." The woman shouted, tears streaking down her face as she looked at the man in desperation.

"I'm sorry, my brother has forbidden it. I won't be able to come and visit again, I'm not meant to be here now." He told her, a resigned look on his face as he glared at the weather outside.

"But what am I meant to do, how can I keep him safe," the woman asked, glancing back at Percy who clutched his blanket tighter as he looked on.