.Lifts.

- - -

Now Playing~ Now, Paramore

"If there's a future we want it now" 

- - -

A girl stood outside a large office building in the middle of a bustling city. The rain fell harshly from the skies and stung her cheeks despite her large dark-blue raincoat. She looked up at the glassy building despite the harsh weather and her lack of an umbrella. This was the place she'd been aiming to work at for the past 10 years and now she was finally here.

The Fairy Tail Crime Department.

The girl quickly hurried into the mirror and pulled out a small device shaped like a compact mirror. Now this device was particularly useful in her current situation. This device helped her completely change and clean up her look. Her outfit, her makeup, her hair, it did it all. The girl swiped through the many options on her device before picking out a scarlet pantsuit with a white shirt and a red and gold tie with black high-heeled ankle boots, light makeup (brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and a matte mauve lipstick) and the finish it of her hair pulled back into a tight high ponytail. 

With a tap of her finger the girl was dressed and refreshed the raindrops of her cheeks and her scarlet hair completely dry. She strutted towards the reception desk where a girl with lavender hair and glasses stood examining her painted nails.

"Erza Scarlet, new recruit" I announced breaking her out of her trance. She looked up at me before asking me a bunch of questions.

"Have you already met the master?"

"Yes"

"Did you change your name before joining the agency?"

"Yes"

"What was it?"

"Erza S. Beleserion"

"Age?"

"17"

"birthday?"

"27th december"

The receptionist asked all this while scrolling down a file on her computer. She stopped and looked at Erza and flashed an unexpected smile.

"Welcome to the Fairy Tail Crime department" She said standing up and offering me her hand, "My names Laki, I look forward to seeing you around the department"

"It's a pleasure" Erza said shaking Laki's hand. Laki took her seat and in a flash dialled a four digit number. She put a phone to her ear and said, "Erza Scarlet's here Master, should I send her up?" she paused for a bit, "got it, I'll send her right up"

Laki put down the phone and turned to Erza, "Second floor, two rooms to the right. The lifts right there" she said pointing the a corridor on Erza's left.

Erza thanked Laki and walked towards the lift. She got in and just as it was about to close a hand held it open.

A tall man with blue hair and a red tattoo over one of his dark brown eyes. He was tall and slender but still muscular. He was dressed well in a black suit with a white shirt and a blue and silver tie finished of with brown oxfords. His blue hair was messy yet neat at the same time and his eyes held a playfulness to them. Erza had to admit he was good looking but with a face like that he was either taken, homosexual or a casanova.

Or they could be complete and utter douchebags.

The man walked into the lift and stood next to Erza and at around the same time the two reached for the buttons on the two opposite sides of the lift. To their surprise they both pressed the button going to the second floor.

The two studied each other suspiciously trying to figure out what the other was doing on the second floor. Before the blue haired boy flashed a big grin.

"You're also a new recruit ,huh?" He asked. Erza gave him a shocked look, she thought that she looked pretty dignified, and  if this guy was a new recruit like he said he was then she would've liked to think that she seemed like long term employee.

"How'd you guess" Erza asked holding up a single eyebrow. The guy shrugged and said, "Well, I'd give you the full explanation but it might overwhelm you a bit"

"Try me"

"Oh well since you asked" he said, "First of all you're very fidgety and just give of a generally nervous feel. Second your whole look is new like you've worn it for the first and everyone knows that when you work at the Crime Department you wear the same uniform everyday and it's usually faded if you've been working here for a while. Also you're nails and makeup are freshly applied when practically no-one cares about their hair here let alone they're nails and makeup. Well except Laki but her jobs to look good in a way so yeah. Also shiny new heels something absolutely no one at the department would wear. Plus you needed to look around the lift a bit before finding the button and well yeah thats about it.  Oh and you've been fidgeting with your nails and hair which is why your nail polish on your right hand is slightly chapped, another reason explaining your nervousness, which explains you being new"

He spoke fast like everything he said he was observing right at that second, IT fascinated her yet surprised her at them same time. She stared at him curiously for a while before breaking from her trance and bursting  into laughter, "How in the world did you figure all that out in less than a minute?" she said still laughing. He cracked a large smile and then smirked at her, "I have my ways".

Erza giggled and she and the boy had a short conversation before the lifts doors once again opened and the two made their way out they headed to two different  rooms right next to each other but before leaving Erza held out her hand towards him.

"New recruit, Erza Scarlet nice to meet you" She said to which he smiled brightly and said, "The pleasures all mine Scarlet"

The two shook hands and the boy smiled down at Erza, "By the way I'm new recruit, Jellal Fernandes I look forward to seeing you more often."

He then danced into the room and Erza was once again alone. She looked at the large mahogany door in front of her and took a deep breath. 

It was finally time for her dream to come true.