A Bump in the Road (Usnavi x Reader)

You woke up slowly, stretching your arms as you cracked your eyes open. As you stretched your arms over your head you felt something on top of your head, reaching up you found that you were still wearing your boyfriend's hat from your escapades last nights. You looked over and saw that your boyfriend, Usnavi, was already gone for the day and wondered why he had let you keep his iconic hat.

You walked into the bodega that Usnavi owned and smiled when you saw your boyfriend behind the counter and Sonny, his cousin younger cousin and summer employee, nowhere in sight.

"Buenos dias mi amor." He greeted me with a dorky smile and his bright eyes holding all his love in them.

"Good morning to you too" You whispered leaning over the counter and pressing a kiss to his lips, "I think you forgot something." You smiled taking the hat off your head and plopping it down on his.

"You looked to cute in it and you were finally sleeping, I didn't want to disturb you. How are you feeling this morning, Y/N?" He asked.

"Well I haven't been sick this morning, but I'm still going to the doctors just to make sure." You said and he smiled.

"Let me know how it goes. I'll have Sonny cover the store if I have to." He promised.

"Please Navi, there is no need to go to such drastic measures." I joked.

"Aye. Good morning Y/N, Usnavi." Benny said as he walked into the b...

"Buenos dias, Benny." You said sweetly before turning back to Usnavi, "I got to go to my appointment, I'll swing by when I'm done." You said kissing him again before leaving.

As you left you heard Benny tease, "You still ain't got no skills."

..........

"Congratulations Ms. Y/L/N. You're pregnant." The doctor exclaimed, "You're about three months along right now. We'll have you set up an appointment once you check out."

"No me diga!"You smiled at the news, you absolutely loved children and so Usnavi. You knew he would be over the moon about the news and you since you both had money saved up and decent jobs you were sure that you could make this work and be a happy family.

The only thing that worried you was the Dominican Republic plan. Usnavi had been saving his money for years to be able to go back to where his family was from, but a baby would put a roadblock in his plan. But you figured it was better to sit down with him tonight and figure things out, maybe work out some kind of plan then sitting there fretting and putting it off forever.

You found myself back in front of the bodega, your feet carrying you there without even thinking about it. You poked your head in and saw Usnavi and Sonny bantering behind the counter.

"Hey guys." You said.

"Ah! The love of my life has returned!" Sonny said throwing his arms open as you walked in.

"Hello Sonny, I'm actually here to see my other boyfriend." I joked.

"How was your appointment Y/N?" Usnavi asked.

"Good. Do you think you could take a quick break and we could talk?" You asked. His face paled, but he nodded and led you into the back break room.

"Is everything okay?" He asked nervously.

"Everything is wonderful. I have some important news for you. I'm pregnant!" You smiled.

Usnavi froze for a moment and you wondered if you had been wrong about thinking he would be excited.

"I'm gonna be dad?" He whispered and you nodded. He smiled and grabbed you in a hug, "Esto es increible! (This is amazing!)"

"I'm so glad you're happy about this. I was a little worried." You confessed.

"About what? You know I love you and I love children." He said releasing you from the hug.

"Dominican Republic" You whispered.

"Y/N. You and our child are far more important to me." He said cupping your face.

"But you've been dreaming about this for years. You've always wanted to go home." You said.

"I've found my island, I've been on it this whole time. I'm home!" He exclaimed wrapping you up in a hug.

"Te amo, Usnavi." You whispered pressing your forehead against his.

"Te amo, Y/N. I love our baby, too." Usnavi said before kissing you.

"Does this mean I'm going to be an uncle?" Sonny called from the store.