7:30 P.M.- January 25th: Hey, I have a question.

(A/N: This first little bit will be from Rocky's POV or Mack's POV. Today's will be from Rocky. However, the texts will always be from Mack's point of view. Keep that in mind. Also, like it did in the last chapter, they change each other's names. )

I stare at my phone screen for the fourth time in the last few minutes. Still nothing from the wrong number I texted this morning. After I told her to call me "R", it went silent. Maybe I scared her off for not telling her my real name, but it's too risky. It's way too risky for me to tell her who I really am.

Hell, I'm surprised me mentioning Ross didn't tip her off that I was a Lynch. Maybe she has no idea who Ross is. No, it can't be. Everyone who is anyone knows who Ross is- even if they don't listen to our music. He's been in so many silver screen movies, that she's bound to have seen him before. But who knows, sometimes faces don't match up with names.

I want to start another conversation with the person, but I'm not sure they'll respond. I want to get to know this person. After a few moments, I finally get the urge to send the Unknown Number in my contacts a message.

7:30 P.M

R 🤔: Hey, I have a question for you.

Mackenzie 🦄: Yes..? If I'm a wrong number that you texted, why are you still texting me?

R🤔: Good question. Honestly, I want to get to know you. It sounds creepy, but I promise you that I'm a 22 year old guy.

R🤔: and I'm not an old guy. I promise.

Mackenzie🦄: That's kind of hard to believe, but okay R. It would help if I had your real name.

R🤔: Why? So you could Google the hell out of me? 😂😂🤣😉

Mackenzie🦄: 🤐😳 Well. . . Um. You see...

R🤔: I see that I was and I am right. 😂

Mackenzie🦄: Okay, maybe I was going to google you and see if you would pop up, but don't judge me!

Mackenzie🦄: And don't blame me for wanting to find out who you are and that you're not a 76 year old man that's trying to be a perv.

R🤔: I promise you, I'm a 22 year old guy.

Mackenzie🦄: Promises are hard to trust when I only a letter of your name.

Mackenzie🦄: If you must know, my name is Mackenzie or Mack.

**R🤔 changed Unknown to Mack**

R🤔: Well Mack, it's a pleasure to meet you. May I ask my question now?

Mackenzie🦄: Oh, so it wasn't, what's my name?

R🤔: No, but I sorta hoped that I would find it out today.

8:35 P.M.

R🤔: Hey, Mack. I'm sorry if that sounded creepy or weird.

Mackenzie🦄: Sorry! I'm so sorry. I had to eat, then shower, and then I studied for about 15 minutes. My dad's a real interesting talker.

R🤔: What about your mom?

Mackenzie🦄: She left us when I was 7.
😐

R🤔: Oh, I'm sorry Mack. I didn't know.

Mackenzie🦄: R, it's okay. You had no idea and no way of knowing.

R🤔: ((hugs))

R🤔: Alright, my question is serious. So brace yourself Mack.

R🤔: If a hen-and-a-half could lay an egg-and-a-half in a day-and-a-half, how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Mackenzie🦄: 😂😂😂 WTF R?

************

So there's the next update. 😂 I'm sorry about the super corny joke, I just had to put it in this update. I thought it was hilarious to me, but maybe not to you.

I have a lot of plans for this book honestly, and I really hope you guys like it and all!

Questions:

How do you like the book so far?

Do you think Mack has any connections with R, that neither of them know about?

Who do you think Mack's dad is?

I love you all so much, keep on Rocking and please respond to those questions because I really am curious on what you guys think!

Lots of love Guys. (ROCKY AT THE TOP KILLED ME LAST NIGHT.)

~Rydel's Babe