Chapter 1 - Accidents Happen

"WATCH OUT! THERE'S A BALL COMING YOUR WAY!" A shrill voice yelled.

Mitsuko turned around to see a volleyball hurtling towards her. Before she even knew it, she had spiked the ball. The brunette let out a breath of relief realizing that she had managed to avoid getting hit. However, this feeling of relief didn't last long once she saw where the ball was headed.

"W-w-watch out!!" She yelled, running towards the ball as if she could catch up to it.

It was no use.

It all happened in slow motion.

The ball hitting the vice principal.

The bright beam of light that occurred as the wig gracefully flew off his head.

And somehow, the wig falling perfectly on top of the head of another student.

"I'm doomed.. Someone, anyone, please save me." The girl pleaded in her mind to no one in particular. Then she blinked, clearly confused. 'Hold on...am I seeing things? Or do I actually see Jesus standing before me? Is he here to save me?' Mitsuko wondered, thinking she had finally gone insane.

"S-S-Sir! Are you alright?" Jesus asked in a panicked state, waving his hands around in fear.

'He looks terrified.. I guess not even Jesus can help me now, huh?..' She thought as she put her hands together, getting ready to pray.

"Asahi, calm down. You freaking out isn't going to help the situation." Said a grey haired student standing beside Jesus.

'Huh, why did he call Jesus Asahi?'

"W-W-Wait!! Daichi is frozen in place! Uwah~ Someone help us!" Jesus yelled, totally petrified as he threw his hands in the air, trembling in fear like a small dog.

"I-I-uh-um, I'm really sorry sir!" Mitsuko squeaked, bowing down as she finally snapped out of her entranced state.

"I-I-Is everyone alright? I'm s-sorry about this." A short, orange haired boy said as he ran over. Everyone turned to look at him. "Eek! I'm sorry! S-s-so so sorry!" He sputtered.

"Boy's Volleyball Club...." the vice principal said in a menacing tone, a dark aura oozing out from him. They all turned and focused their attention on the vice principal. It was at this moment that everyone had the same thought or something similar: Oh shit.

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU GUYS TO BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT WHERE YOU PLAY?" The vice principal yelled. "AND THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS OCCURRED, HAS IT?"

'...They've blown off his wig before?' Mitsuko wondered.

"AND YOU!" He turned towards the girl. "YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU'RE HITTING THE BALL!"

She jumped, his loud voice ringing clearly in her ears. "This is going to be a long lecture," she mumbled.

"You are all to follow me... We will discuss your punishments." He turned around, grabbed the wig off of the frozen student, and walked forward.

"Hinata..." The student growled a few moments later, finally snapping out of his frozen state.

'This guy seems scarier than the vice principal does right now...' thought Mitsuko.

The principal turned his head around. "Did you not hear me? I said follow me." He threatened.

Everyone gulped. With heavy footsteps, they trudged behind him.

--

"Do you guys understand? You are to NOT speak of this ever again." The vice principal said towards the boys, resting his head on his hands. Then he turned to Mitsuko. "And you, Aoyama Mitsuko. We haven't decided your punishment yet, have we?"

Staying silent, she shook her head.

"Hmm...Since it will be easier to have all the trouble makers in one area, I will have you become the manager for the boy's volleyball club."

The brunette felt her stomach drop at the sound of those words. With her body shaking, she made a plea in a small, desperate voice. "Sir.. please, any other club will do, just not volleyball.."

With an annoyed expression he looked at her. "It seems that you have a talent for the sport. I don't see why there is a problem with the volleyball club. Tell me your reason, right here and right now. If not, you will officially become a manager."

She opened her mouth to speak, only to close it right away as she looked at the floor. Tell him right now? Her story? In front of all these people? No. There was no way that was happening. She didn't want their pity.

The vice principal waited a few moments before speaking. "I guess that decides it. From today on, you, Aoyama Mitsuko, are officially the manager of the boys volleyball club."