Chapter 5 - Questions

"Excuse us!" Hinata's cheerful voice rang throughout the classroom. He looked around the classroom until he saw his target. "Aoyama!! Please help us with English~" he cried out.

She chuckled. "Sure, just bring your stuff over here," said the brunette, clearing some space.

"Ah, That's right!" She exclaimed, an idea popping into her head. The girl turned around. "Hey Yachi-san, do you think you could help as well? It's a lot easier with two people, and we could each focus on one person."

"Uhhhhh, organ trafficking..." the blonde mumbled.

Mitsuko blinked, frozen for a moment. Did she just hear the girl say organ trafficking? Just as Mitsuko was going to ask if she was alright, she was interrupted.

"Ah! I'm Hinata Shouyo, from class 1!" He shouted. "And this is Kageyama," the shorter boy pointed to the ravenet beside him. "Yachi-san! Do you like studying?" He asked.

"Umm, well, I don't exactly hate it..." Yachi replied.

Mitsuko grinned. Thank god Hinata was good at talking with people. It made things a lot easier.

  ---

"Say... Aoyama-san, how was school in Canada? Were you in any clubs?" Hinata inquired, asking question after question.

Mitsuko sighed. "Hinata, finish copying down the work first and then I'll tell you. If you don't finish.." A sadistic smile appeared on her face. "You'll have to deal with the consequences. That goes for you as well, Kageyama."

"Eeek!" Hinata and Kageyama both gulped, shaking in their seats. "We'll... we'll do our best!"

"S-s-s-scary.." Yachi whispered.

The brunette turned to Yachi. "And Yachi-san,  please don't go easy on them! If you do, they'll never finish!"

"Y-y-yes!" She saluted. "I'll try my best!''

"Now..." An evil grin spread on Mitsuko's face yet again. "It's time to work until lunch is over."

"Y-y-yes m'am," the three students mumbled, their spirits already leaving their bodies.

---

"Phew... thanks for your help, the girl said to Yachi, piling the papers together.

"N-no worries! It was nothing!" the timid blonde replied. "Besides, I'm glad I could help!"

"Aoyama!!!" The orange haired boy yelled. "Now can you tell us about your school in Canada?"

The brunette's face froze for a second, as if she had remembered something terrible. After a quick moment of silence, she asked the boy what he would like to know. With an excited face, he began to barrage the girl with questions. She carefully answered each one, as if she was trying to hide something.

"By the way... why didn't you want to become our manager in the first place?" Hinata suddenly asked.

Stammering, Aoyama could only look back at the boy. Moments later, tears began to fall. Then, she got up and quickly ran, ashamed of her emotions.

The three students left behind were baffled, looking at one another. Due to Aoyama suddenly rising from her seat, the rest of the class had also noticed and promptly began whispering.

"Idiot! Why did you ask that?" Kageyama suddenly snapped.

"B-but I didn't know it'd make her cry.." Hinata replied, looking down.

"I-uh-um, I'll go check up on her!" Yachi yelled, getting up from her seat. "You two clean up and go back to your classes. We can discuss this later," The blonde instructed, running out of the class.

  ---

"A-Aoyama-san please wait!" Yachi yelled as she ran after the crying girl. Determined to get away, Mitsuko took a quick sharp turn.

Bang

"O-ouch.." A familiar voice said, as the girl struggled to wipe her tears. "Aoyama-san?..." The mysterious person asked.

The girl looked up, tears still falling from her face to see Sugawara in front of her.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, his face filled with concern.

"Aoyama-san!" Yachi called out yet again.

Hearing Yachi's voice, Mitsuko got up yet again and began to run. Before she could take another step, Sugawara grabbed her hand and led her into the stairwell. He pushed her behind him as he looked out, watching Yachi run by.

"U-um, thank you.." she whispered.

"No problem!" He replied, giving her a bright smile. "I won't ask why you're running away from her or why you're crying, but you can always feel free to talk to me." He said, as he wiped the younger girl's tears.

Mitsuko felt the blood rush to her cheeks. She looked down before backing away. "Senpai... you know, you shouldn't suddenly touch me like that.." The girl said timidly, looking up.

He chuckled. "Well, you're quite cute, aren't you Aoyama-san?"

"S-Sugawara-san... please stop teasing me!"

"Alright, alright. I'll stop now." He handed her his handkerchief. "Use this to wipe the rest of your tears okay?"

The brunette nodded, taking the fabric. "Thank you."

He looked out the stairwell. "Well, it seems like Yachi-san is gone." He stated. "I think it's safe to leave now. Would you like to go now or would you want some time to yourself?" He asked sincerely.

"I'll stay here for a bit longer, thank you."

He nodded and waved goodbye. "If you're still not feeling well feel free to skip practice. I'll tell Daichi some random reason why," He said while leaving.

Mitsuko thanked him once again before she sat down, leaning against the wall. Putting her hands on her cheeks, they still felt warm.  She was still blushing like crazy. After all, he was so considerate.

The girl shook her head. 'This isn't the time to be falling in love!' She reminded herself.

How was she going to face Hinata, Kageyama and Yachi? Heck, she merely avoided Yachi for now, but the blonde still sat in front of her. Maybe it was a better idea if she went home? But her bag was still in the classroom..

Mitsuko made up her mind. She decided to sneakily get her bag and run home.

---

Peering into the classroom, the brunette saw that everyone was gone. Quickly gathering her items, she put them into her bag before running out of the classroom. Sure, maybe she was running away, but she wasn't ready to tell them why she cried. At least, not today. Maybe tomorrow, but definitely not today.