Chapter 4 - Encounters

Catching her breath, Mitsuko pushed the door. "Good afternoon. I scheduled an appointment for 4:40 today."

The secretary looked up at the girl. "Ah, you must be Aoyama-san right?"

She nodded her head.

"You can walk straight into the room. The doctor isn't busy."

Thanking the secretary, Aoyama proceeded to walk down the hall. Once she reached the room she quietly knocked on the door before stepping in.

"MITSU-CHAN~ I MISSED YOU~" Almost instantaneously, the young girl felt arms being wrapped around her as she was pulled into a hug.

Mitsuko winced, the loud voice still ringing in her ears. "It's nice to see you too, Azusa onee-chan." She said, hugging the doctor back.

Azusa wasn't actually Aoyama's sister, she was her brother's wife. In other words, Azusa was her sister-in-law.

"Anyways, can you stop hugging me?" Mitsuko asked. "We need to do the checkup."

"You're right. Sorry Mitsu," Azusa said, finally releasing the younger girl. She quickly turned into her business-like persona. "You haven't been feeling any pain in your knee, have you? Or any unusual pain in general?" She asked, putting on her glasses.

"No, not at all."

Azusa noted this down and proceeded to ask questions. Afterwards, a check up was done on Mitsuko's knee.

"Well, you seem to be doing very well, Mitsu." She told the younger girl once they were done. "Unfortunately, your knee is still in a pretty bad shape so no rigorous physical activities, ok?"

The girl nodded her head, still somewhat disappointed with the news. "Thank you, Nee-chan."

"No problem. After all, helping my cute sister-in-law is part of my job~" She smiled. "Anyways, let me get ready. Your mom invited my family and I over for dinner today."

"Eh? Mom did?" Aoyama asked, surprised by this news. "Does that mean your brother is also coming?"

Azusa let out a mischievous grin. "Yep~ Aren't you glad?" She chuckled, gathering her things.

The girl groaned. "But Onee-chan! As much as I like you, I don't like your brother! He's so annoying and self centered!"

Azusa laughed as they walked out of the building "Hey! That's my brother you're talking about." She tapped Mitsuko on the head.

"Besides, what did Tooru ever do to you?"

---

"I'm home!" Mitsuko yelled with Azusa following closely behind her.

"Ah, welcome home, Mitsu!" Her mother said as she finished preparing the dishes.

"Yahoo Mitsu-chan~" An annoyingly flirty voice said. She felt an arm being wrapped around her. "Not saying you don't look cute now, but why are you dressed so differently?" He asked.

The girl growled. "Shittykawa get your arm off of me."

"Well, well, still as fiesty as ever huh?" He said, putting his hands up as he backed away. "Anyways, I don't think you should call me that. After all, my entire family is called Oikawa" He said as she glared at him.

"Fine. I'll just call you Shitooru from now on."

He looked back at her, with an overly exaggerated expression of hurt.

"How mean~ Don't go making up a new nickname for me!"

"Then Shittykawa it is."

Mitsuko really disliked him. Oikawa Tooru was selfish, cocky, annoying, and a huge flirt. Sure he had above average looks but did all the girls have to flock to him? His only redeeming feature he was that he was good at volleyball.

"Anyways, you should stop frowning so much. You look a lot cuter when you smile~" He said, grinning.

Mitsuko sighed.

It was going to be a long night.

-The Next Day-

"Aoyama!! You're here today!" Hinata exclaimed, jumping up.

The brunette chuckled. "Hi Hinata. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I had some... stuff to do."

"It's fine! By the way, can you help Kageyama and I study?" He asked, dejected. "We really want to go to Tokyo."

"Sure.. but I'll only be able to help you during school. I don't think I'll be a very good teacher though. I'm sure Tsukishima-kun is much better.."

He shook his head rapidly. "You don't have to worry about that. You'll definitely be better than him."

"Then, if you're fi-"

"Um! Could I have a minute?" Shimizu-san's voice rang throughout the gym. Everyone stopped their conversations and ran towards her. Behind her, they could see a small, blonde girl nervously poking her head out.

"Oh? You found someone!" Hinata exclaimed.

"What's all this~ What's going on?" Tanaka-san and Nishinoya-san chanted, running behind Sugawara-san.

"She'll be a temporary member who'll serve as a manager." Shimizu-san explained.

"I-I'm Yachi Hitoka!" Yachi-san yelled.

"Oh? Are you a first year?" Asahi-san asked.

"Eek! I-I am of first year class five!" She shrieked.

Mitsuko sighed. "Asahi-san, please back up a little. You scared her," she said, leading him to take a step back.

Beside Mitsuko, Tanaka and Nishinoya were staring intensely at her. "And you two.." Aoyama began. "Stop staring!" She pushed them away before giving a small wave to Yachi.

"Anyways, Yachi-san is just here to show her face for today." Shimizu explained.

"I-I'll be in your care." Yachi said.

"US TOO!" The team yelled, startling the poor blonde.

"You guys.. stop gathering around her for greetings until she's used to it." Shimizu scolded as Yachi let out a shriek.

"W-w-well I'll be going now," the terrified girl said, stiffly walking out the door.

"Hmm, so you were looking for a new manager," Daichi said once the blonde had left.

"Yep. I thought that I wouldn't have enough time if I started in April," Kiyoko said. "In order for Karasuno to be stronger I need to pass on my role as manager to a couple people."

"Shimizu-saaaan~" he cried out, tears bursting from his eyes.

At the back of the group, a brunette girl thought to herself.

"Ahhh, everyone here really loves the club..

Am I supposed to be here?

Should I even be here?"