Chapter Six

As I watched the cans of pepsi begin to pile up in the trash can next to me, I realized bitterly that I should probably start studying for the Biology test I had tomorrow morning.

       So with great diffculty, I dragged myself away from the laptop lying on my bed and sat down on the chair next to my desk. I hauled my gigantic Biology book onto the desk and yanked it open so the paper fell lazily around the desk.

       About a half an hour into studying, I finally agreed that I was useless on my own; studying was never easy for me, especially when it came to Biology (my worst subject). And I figured I could use some help.

       But from who? Carrie didn't even take Biology, so calling her would be a waste of time. Elle was even worse at Biology than me. Jake wouldn't dare help me, even if his entire life depended on it (he was stubborn like that). So who the hell did I have left to call?

       When I scrolled down the list of contacts on my phone, my thumb hung over the name Jack Henderson.

       Jack was heaven at this stupid subject, and got straight A's (like he did in every other subject). He was super duper smart whilst I am super duper dumb so his help would be greatly appreciated.

       But would it be wise to bring a Henderson brother to my house? To actually invite one? Am I even allowed to do that? He could try something or another. Jack might think I invited him over do give it all away... He was the reigning campion, afterall.

       Do I even have a choice, though? Unless I get someone down here to seriously help me then I am going to fail this test so bad my teachers might actually put me back a grade. And what other option did I have other than Jack? I didn't really have that many friends to begin with...

       However, it's not like he'd ever try something with my brother downstairs and my father to arrive home anytime, anyways. He can not be that dumb... My brother would strangle him with his bare hands if he caught us even sitting too close to one another. So I figure I'd be awefully safe.

       I clicked Jack's name and soon ringing was buzzing through the speaker.

       "Hello?" Jack picked up, his voice slightly muffled.

       I suddenly felt very insecure. "Yeah, Jack; it's me... Dianna..."

       "Oh, Dianna!" Jack's voice instantly perked up. "What's up?"

       Hey, listen." I began, wrapping my red hair around my slim finger. "I was wondering if you could come over and help me study? That stupid biology test is tomorrow and I'm for sure going to flunk it by myself. Do you think you could help?"

       Jack chuckled. "Sure, no problem. I'll be over in a minute."

       I muttered my thanks awkwardly. It wasn't until I hung up did I realize I never told Jack my address.

***

       "DIANNA!" Jake roared from downstairs, the sound of the front door closing echoing through the house. "THAT HENDERSON KID IS HERE!"

       "Send him up!" I yelled back. I threw another article of dirty clothing into the hamper.

       Minutes before Jack arrived, I finally realized what a huge mess my bedroom actually was. I tried my best to clear a path on my floor so you could safely walk into my room to the desk without tripping up over last week's bra. 

       I made my bed within a record amount of seconds and managed to tidy up around the room without breaking anything. So I consider that a major accomplishment for me! I'm actually quiet proud.