Chapter Eleven

With a great huff, I threw my body onto the empty seat on the couch, which happened to be next to Eric, who was also a little intoxicated and holding a red solo cup.

      "Hey." He said sloppily, a goofy crooked smile on his face.

      I frowned. "Hello." I said a little grumpier than I meant it to sound.

      "Woah," Eric said, leaning back on the couch. "What's wrong with you?"

      I folded my arms across my chest. "Your brother is an idiot."

      "Tell me something I don't know." Eric sighed. He took a sip from his cup before turning back to me. "Which idiot?"

      "Matt."

      "That idiot." Eric handed me a cup. "Here, drink away the idiocy."

      I didn't even question where he got the cup, I just grabbed it and quickly swallowed all of its contents, which left a sour taste in my mouth.

      "Thanks." I coughed. Eric gave me a thumbs up as I stumbled away from the dirty couch. 

      I wandered into a practically empty hallway, besides for a scattered few people. Avery Harrison was crouched in the corner, looking extreme overwhelmed; I know how she feels.

       I leaned my side against the wall and let my head hang lazily. I was kind of tired, and maybe a bit sick. 

      As I stood there, I could hear voices coming from the closet across from me. They were muffled by the closed door, but odd enough, the voices sounded extremely familiar.

      My eyes swept around the basically empty hallway, and who was here were either drunk beyond belief or passed out on the floor. Nobody would care if I just casually opened the closet door. And I could tell the people inside that I wasn't aware anyone was in here and that I was just looking for a little place to sit in (almost) silence. 

      I knew it really wasn't my business, but the voices just sounded so freaking familiar (I couldn't put my finger on it, though). And for better or for worse, my curiousity got the better of me. 

      After one last look-around of the hallway, I slowly proceed to walk in front of the closet. I laid my hand on the knob quietly and quickly threw the door open.

      Inside stood Carrie and Jake, both of whom looked extremely shocked to see me.

      Jake was holding Carrie's hands and they were very close to one another. I widened my eyes and jumped back in surprise. 

      Jake stared at me with his head turned. "Dianna?" He asked, his voice full of bewilderment. Carrie appeared as if she was frightened to death.

      "Woah," I said, blinking quickly. "S-sorry! I didn't- I didn't mean to interupt... Continue on..."

      And with that I closed the closet door and began to walk away quickly. 

      Well... at least Jake finally worked up the nerve to ask Carrie out. I just sort of wished it would have been somewhere more romantic than a coat closet in the Henderson's house. Way to light the mood, Jake. 

      I quickly ran back into the main room, clutching my stomach with both my arms. As I pasted by a table that was holding all different types of alcohol, I grabbed a random drink and chugged it. After I finished the drink, I gagged; good, alcohol tasted awful! Why do I keep drinking it?

      I pushed my way through the dancing crowd, feeling slightly sick. The loud music was really getting to me and I just needed to go somewhere quiet. Maybe to rest or something. But where?