Chapter Thirty-Two

I stood outside Jack's door, knocking lightly.

       Why was I here, standing at Jack's bedroom door, you might be asking. And to be honest, I've been asking myself the same question for the past few minutes. I really didn't know the answer.

       Maybe I felt bad for Jack? Or I didn't want to ruin our friendship? Maybe I could just explain to him that I didn't hate him or whatever, and that I'm still here for him no matter what. But would he understand? Does he hate me forever now? Is Jack going to be mad at Matt forever? Please lord, don't tell me I just ruined these brothers' relationships with one another...

       I had given him an hour or so before I decided to come up and discuss the past events with him. I figured an hour was enough time to get his feelings in check and think about the situation, considering how I feel and others. I just hoped he wouldn't be freaking out again, really.

       It took some convincing to get Matt to let me come talk to him by myself. He had himself throughly convinced that Jack would murder me with his bare hands or something. But I had faith in Jack, and Matt trusted me, so I was allowed to enter the unsafe territory alone. I hope to god I don't make myself regret this.

       After knocking for about two minutes straight and calling is name for about one, Jack finally ripped open his door with a puff. He frowned down at me, but his face showed no sign of tears or anger, so I took that as I good thing.

       Now that I was standing here in front of him, face to face, I didn't know what to say. I kind of just gave him a goofy smile and said, "Hi."

       Jack continued to look down at me. "Hello." He said it a lot more bluntly than me.

       "You wanna talk?" I suggested, my eyebrows raising up as I asked him. 

       He shrugged and stepped back, which I assumed was him allowing me to enter his room; so I did just that. I made myself comfortable and sat down on the roll-y chair thing by the desk, spinning around a few times just to lighten the mood (and maybe because those chairs are awesome).

       Jack folded his arms and stood a few feet away from me. "Yeah, so this is my room. It's no amazing Harry Potter room like Matt's, but I consider it good enough to sleep in." He said quietly.

       I bit my lip (stupid nervous habit) and furrowed my eyebrows. "You wanna talk about it now?" I asked.

       He shrugged. "What's there to talk about?" He replied. "You choose Matt. I'm not the smartest, Dianna, but I'm pretty sure I can understand that."

       I sighed. "So, are you going to act like this forever now?" I questioned, my voice sending off an annoyed vibe. "All grumpy and bitter? Because let me tell you, that's not gonna make any girl choose you, either. It isn't exactly an endearing quality."

       "I know." Jack admitted, sitting down on his bed and crossing his arms against his chest. "I just- I don't know how I'm supposed to react to this."

       I turned myself towards him. "How about trying to act happy for me? Or Matt; he is your brother afterall. I wasn't exactly too pleased when Carrie hooked up with my brother but I got over it. I'm not bitter over it, or angry. I supported them. And to be honest, Jack, if you ever really cared for me, all that would matter is that I'm happy." I said it all so fast that I had to take in a deep breath once I was finished; talking is hard!

       Jack thought for a while; every second felt like an hour, really. I was awaiting an outburst or a really quiet reply. Both are equally scary right now.

       Finally, he nodded. "Yeah, I agree." He said. And I will admit, I was a little surprised by his answer. Yelling? Yeah, sure. Begging? Eh, maybe. Acceptance? Uhm, not in a million years.

       Yet here we sat in his room, and he apparently accepted it all. In the matter of seconds. I mean, he was yelling and shouting at me and Matt only a little over an hour ago. What is wrong with this boy? I swear he's bipolar or something.

       I raised my eyebrows. "You do?" I asked unsurely.

       "Like, there's always gonna be apart of me that's bitter and angry about it all, but it's nothing I can't handle... I'll just have to deal with it, yeah? I can't change your mind- and I don't plan on trying. I'll- I'll get over it." He nodded, but I think it was more to himself than to me. "I really will. I do care about you, Dianna. And that's why I'm happy for you and Matt."

       I lowered my eyebrows and smiled, patting his shoulder. "That's what I like to hear." I told him gleefully; I'm so happy that this is all over. I don't like emotional stuff...

       Jack grinned. "Plus, there is lots of other hot girls around here. Maybe not as cool or as geeky as you; but they might just be as good looking. Might." He chuckled. Then he turned his head towards the door. "Matt, you can come out from hiding now!" He cried.

       I turned around just in time to see Matt poke out from around the corner, his face turning red when he met my eyes.

       "Were you listening the whole time?" I asked him.

       Matt shrugged as he walked toward the room. "I just had to make sure nothing bad happened to you." He admitted shyly.

       Jack laid down on his bed. "Now, you two kids go have fun." He said as I stood up. "But not too much fun." He added with a wink. I rolled my eyes at him, grabbing Matt's hand and leading him out the door.

       When we turned around the corner, Matt grabbed my hips and pushed me against the wall (no, not in a rough way. In a really smooth, easy way). He looked down at me; I could feel his warm breath hitting my lips. And I liked it.

       "What are you doing?" I whispered. My eyes were just fluttering open.

       I noticed how Matt was staring at my lips. "This." He replied.

       His lips met mine but they weren't unsure and short like all of our kisses before; this was sure of himself and just ready. It seemed like he really wanted it this time; like he needed me. His grasp on my hips tightened and I grabbed onto the collar of his shirt.

       The shy, and timid guy I knew had vanished. He was now confident and cool; dare I say, hungry. And that awkward, geeky girl everyone knows me to be? Well, she was gone, too.

       All that was left were two teenagers in love in a hallway; and hell if they didn't want each other.

// author's note //

damn.....................that was hot

ok so yeah the usual tell me what you guys think!!!

and just to clear things up, because apparently some people still don't understand; she choose matt. not bradley. matt. i didnt think it was that hard to grasp, but w.e

anyways, check out three dumb guys, my new story :-)

thanks love you all xx

// author's note //