Chapter Sixteen

*recap*

while at the henderson's party, dianna found jack in a room with a girl making out and yep :)

       As I was curled up on my couch Thrusday evening, the last person I expected to see at my door was Jack Henderson.

       My mother had opened the door, and the surprise on her face at the sight of a boy coming to my house looking for me was just hilarious; not many boys typical appear at our doorstep in search for me, so when this happens, it's quite a shock. Although lately, some boys (Hendersons) have brought their fine asses to my lovely home.

       "Oh, hello Mrs. Becken." Jack nodded, obviously expecting me to answer the door. "Is Dianna home?"

       Mom had been baking in the kitchen all day, trying to master the art of cupcakes (she hasn't quite grasped the recipe to perfection like she usually does). She had her hair tied back into an extremely loose ponytail, which left long hairs dripping around her face. Flour covered her pink and flowery apron, as well as every inch of her skin.

       She was looking like chasper; quite the sight to see.

       Mom sent me a surprised glance before turning and smiling in Jack's direction. "Why yes, Dianna is home."

       She wiped her floury hands on her apron and held one out for Jack to shake. I mentally facepalmed at the sight of Jack grabbing mom's handing and shaking it gingerly. 

       Mom grinned way too widely. "It's very nice to meet you!" She yelled louder than nesscessary. "Call me Mrs. Becken; it makes me sound cool and mature. What's your name?"

       Jack smiled awkwardly. "Uhm, Jack Henderson." 

       "Ah," Mom said, motioning for Jack to come inside. "So you're one of the famous Henderson brothers that I've heard very limited information about. How nice,"

       Jack nodded awkwardly and slowly entered the house, his hands held behind his back. He looked extremely nervous and embarrassed at the same time. I knew why he was here, and I honestly was waiting for when he would finally pick up his balls and talk to me.

       Mom pointed towards me. "Dianna's over there," mom said. "Still. She hasn't moved in hours."

       Jack took off his shoes and shuffled into the living room, taking a seat on the couch next to me. I noticed how he would look everywhere but towards me and I cleared my throat. 

       "Well, I'll be in the kitchen slaving over the hot stove if you need me." Mom called, walking past us and waving her hand. "Please don't need me."

       I turned towards Jack and folded my arms across my chest, resting my head on my shoulder. Jack still wasn't looking at me, so I pushed his arm to get his attention. He turned his head towards me and smiled in an awkward sort of way. 

       I lifted an eyebrow. "Finally here to explain, are you?"

       Jack sighed, leaning back on the couch. "Yeah," He mumbled quietly. "I figured I'd have to tell you sooner or later. So, here I am."

       I nodded and motioned for him to go on. When he didn't say anything, I punched his arm (not that hard, though). "Are you going to speak or what?" I demanded. I had to admit, I was pretty curious about that girl Jack almost had sexy time with. 

       He closed his eyes, nodding. "Okay, okay." Jack licked his lips and opened his eyes. "You may or may not know, but this... game kind of has rules."