Be My Forever

"Y/N, please don't ask me to do that." Elijah's voice was calm and quiet. But the expression on his face told you otherwise. He was torn inside; you could see it. And you knew, the favor you wanted him to do for you was huge. Maybe too big.

"Elijah..." You stepped closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know what I'm asking for. I...I know this is a hard decision. But...I want it." You tried to change his mind although you knew that this was a hard thing to do.

"No. You have no idea what you're asking for", Elijah whispered, turned around and then left the room. You watched him go and bit your lips. Maybe you had gone too far. With a deep sigh, you let yourself sink on the edge of the bed.

Elijah and you were a couple for almost a year now and you couldn't deny that you loved him from the bottom of your heart. You knew who he was. You knew what he was. He was a vampire, an immortal creature. First, you had been afraid of it – yes, you had been even afraid of him for a while. But soon you had realized that there was no other man as noble and more of a gentleman than Elijah was.

So, you had decided to stay with him, no matter what. And the more time you spent with him and his family, the wish, to become a vampire yourself, had started to grow inside of you. Since days you had thought about how to tell it Elijah.

"What's the matter?" Without you noticing it, Rebekah had stepped into the room. The pretty blonde looked at you frowning. "I just saw my brother basically storming out of the house. Did you have a fight?" She sat down next to you. Another sigh left your mouth.

"Well...I...I asked him to...to transform me into a vampire", you confessed without looking up. You were afraid that Rebekah might judge you for what you wished. But she just grabbed your hand and squeezed it. Thankfully you two had gotten along well from the beginning. She had become a close friend to you.

"Y/N, what you expect him to do is...uhm...difficult. Yeah, it's difficult for him. Don't you see how much he loves you? Of course, he doesn't want you to turn into a monster."

"You're not monsters!", you protested. Rebekah gave you a little smile. "Okay, you're...no saints. But to me you're no monsters neither. Well, at least you and Elijah aren't", you finished as you thought of Klaus, the other brother of the family. Although Klaus didn't like you that much, he let you alone and you knew he wouldn't hurt you. Elijah would never forgive him if he would and Klaus knew that, that was why he didn't touch you.

"Listen. Go talk to him once more", Rebekah suggested after some more minutes. Then she got up again and left, as Elijah had done minutes ago. A little bit helpless, you stayed where you were. It wasn't easy to be with a vampire and living in a house full of them. Being in love with a vampire retrieved danger that you had never thought could exist.

But everything you and Elijah had gone through within this year had shown you that you were made for each other. You needed to tell him how you really felt.

Determined, you got up and started to look for your boyfriend. The house was huge, so it took you a good twenty minutes to finally find Elijah. With a glass of Whiskey, he stood near the chimney. He looked up when he heard your steps. "Y/N", he just said. Nothing more. You swallowed as you crossed the room to get to him.

"I'm sorry", you whispered. "I know I shouldn't have asked you that." Now Elijah turned around to face you. There was still no smile on his lips, not even the slightest one. His hands were hidden in the pockets of his black pants. He made one step torwards you.

"Y/N, what you asked of me is just...", Elijah stopped again and took a deep breath while you hold your own breath while you waited for him to continue. You wanted him to go on, you liked it more when he talked to you than when he just remained quiet and didn't tell you what was on his mind. That happened often enough in your opinion.

"You ask me to turn you into a monster!", Elijah then burst out with a much louder voice than you had expected and you winced at the sound of his voice. But you didn't say anything. You knew this wasn't everything he wanted to say.

"You...you have no idea what it's like to be vampire, Y/N. I thought you have seen what we are able to do. You're with me since a year now. You've seen things you shouldn't have seen. I can't understand why you want to be what I am." Elijah now stood close to you. He lifted a hand and gently put it on your cheek. You nestled to his touch and closed your eyes for a second.

You loved him so much. There was no day you wanted to be without him. "I want to be with you forever", you whispered while his hand caressed your cheek. A slight smile appeared on Elijah's lips. "And that's why you want to be a monster too?"

"Stop that now!", you exclaimed and punched his shoulder. "You're not a monster to me, Elijah. The only reason I want to be a vampire too is that I'd be able to spend eternity with you. Can't you understand that? At least a little bit?" You looked up to him again as he sighed deeply.

"Believe me, Y/N, I understand you. And to be honest, the thought of losing you one day – due to your age or some other way of death – drives me insane", Elijah confessed quietly. "But I also know what the life me and my siblings are leading does to us. And will do to you too. Some things might be easy; some things will be incredibly hard. Are you...are you sure you really want this?" Elijah's eyes met yours and you swallowed. For a moment, you both remained quiet and you cupped his face with your hands. Slowly he lowered his face to yours until your foreheads touched.

"I love you, Elijah. I want you to be my forever. And I want to be your forever. Okay?" He nodded at your words before his soft lips met yours. As you felt his strong arms wrapping around your waist, you knew that Elijah would fulfill your wish. You loved each other too much to be able to be apart one day. And when you thought about that, you smiled into the kiss and wrapped your arms around Elijah's neck.