Snowstorm

With a sigh, you looked out the window. For once, you, Elijah and his siblings had decided to get away from New Orleans for a few days and had rented a cabin somewhere in the mountains. And of course, he had wanted you to join him because he wanted to spend as much time with you as possible.

Well, it was March. And for two days, it was snowing now. The weather report had said, that it would arrive a pretty huge snow storm and it already looked as if you'd be stuck in here for another twenty-four to forty-eight hours.

You folded your arms in front of your chest and sat down as close to the chimney as possible. It was getting colder. Of course, all the vampires in here didn't really care about if it was warm or cold. But you did. You were only a human and you were a bit worried about all the snow and the possibility that it could get incredibly cold in the house here.

You scooted even closer to the fire. Suddenly, a cup of hot, steamy tea appeared in front of your face and you looked up. Elijah was standing there, smiling at you. "I thought you could need something warm to drink", he said as you took the cup from him.

"Thank you", you murmured before you took a sip. "Are you alright?" Elijah sat down next to you and his brown eyes examined your face. You nodded. For a while, both of you just remained quiet. But then you felt Elijah scooting closer to you. "You're freezing, aren't you", he quietly said. You looked up. What should you say to that? He was absolutely right. Your hands were ice cold and not even the tea, Elijah had brought you, was warming you up.

"Come here", he then simply said and reached out an arm into your direction. Thankful for that gesture, you snuggled into his embrace and leaned against Elijah's shoulder. His hand rubbed over your arm, trying to warm you a bit. "Better?"

You nodded. While Elijah was still holding you in his arms, your eyes wandered to Klaus, Rebekah and Freya. They were drinking and talking quietly. They didn't seem to worry about the fact that the snowstorm wouldn't allow them to leave the cabin for the next days. A sigh escaped your mouth.

"I guess I'll go to bed", you said and slowly got up. You leaned down, pressed a short kiss on Elijah's lips and then left the room. You were tired and you couldn't wait for those days to be over again. You missed New Orleans. You missed the warmth. If you would have known that the weekend trip would end like this, you would have stayed home.

As you walked towards the door, you could feel Elijah's eyes on you. You were sure that he knew you weren't happy to be here under those circumstances. You hurried to get on your PJs and then crawled under the duvet. Just when you had closed your eyes, you heard the bedroom door open and then close again.

It was Elijah. He joined you in bed and pulled you into his arms again. "I'm sorry you have to freeze. That weather wasn't planned at all", he murmured. You couldn't hold back a smile at his words. "I know, Elijah. I'm just a bit...grumpy. I don't like weather like this. I'm sorry." You pressed a kiss on his neck. Elijah's arms held you even closer now. "You don't have to be sorry. I don't like being stuck in a cabin with my whole family neither."

You chuckled. "Well, as much as I hate being stuck in here...being stuck with you isn't bad at all", you quietly confessed. "Oh, really?" An evil grin appeared on Elijah's lips as he rolled himself on top of you. "I know a way to warm you." His lips were close to yours now and you grinned as well. "Then show me", you whispered before his lips crashed on yours and warmth immediately started to run through your body.