Revenge (2nd Part to "The Last Night")

The feeling was overwhelming. You could hear everything, you could smell everything and that hunger...or was it thirst? You weren't absolutely sure about this. But you wanted blood, a lot of blood.

Only a day ago you had turned into a vampire and although Elijah and Rebekah had given you blood, you still wanted more. It hadn't even been blood from a living human. But they had refused to give you some, especially Elijah. "I don't want you to kill people, Y/N. Not if it's not absolutely necessary." You had done what he'd said but it hadn't satisfied you.

"Y/N?" Elijah's voice made you turn around. He was standing there in the door frame looking at you a bit worried. You knew what he was thinking about: Would you run away and take revenge on Marc? That was what you wanted, even more than drinking blood.

You clenched your fists and tried to take some deep breaths. All your emotions had gotten stronger. Your anger about Marc had gotten immense. "You need to try to control your feelings", Elijah calmly said as he slowly stepped closer to you. You just nodded. You wouldn't trust your voice at the moment. It was all way too overwhelming.

Elijah stood right in front of you now and grabbed your arms. "How are you feeling?" You sighed and then shrugged. He knew how you were feeling right now and you just couldn't put it into words. "I'm hungry. Thirsty. And...I can't stop thinking about Marc", you said after some seconds of silence. Elijah nodded. "That's normal. It'll take some days to get everything under control. But don't worry, I'll help you."

You let him hug you, but then you pushed him away with all the strength you could find. Elijah flew through the room and crashed against a wall. And you ran. Never had you been able to even imagine how it must be to run so fast. But now you could experience it on your own and it was amazing.

You ignored the people outside in the streets – you even ignored your craving for blood. All you wanted was to find Marc. He had called you several times since yesterday, since you had left the apartment and escaped to Elijah.

When you arrived at the apartment, you slowed down and took some deep breaths. You closed your eyes and concentrated on noises that came from inside. Marc was at home. You could hear the TV and him eating something. Quickly you decided that you'd act like you were still human.

Slowly you opened the door and stepped in. When Marc saw you standing between the corridor and the living room, he looked up from the TV and put down the sandwich he had been eating.

"Where the hell have you been? I've tried to call you! Have you been with your lover, you bitch?" He had jumped from the couch. Of course he thought you had been with another guy. It was always the same. He didn't trust you and his jealousy was incredibly big.

When Marc grabbed your arm, you grabbed his and turned it on his back. He let out a cry of surprise.

"What the-", he started, but then you had already thrown him at the wall behind him. Marc grimaced as he tried to get up again, holding his arm. He frowned at you and you assumed he was trying to find out what was going on here. Of course you had tried to fight him whenever he had been violent to you but you never had a chance against a man like him.

That you had been able to pull him away now surprised him. You couldn't hide a smile as you watched him. For the first time in your life you were stronger than a man. And it felt so good.

"What the hell happened to you?!", Marc now exclaimed. But you didn't answer his question. Instead, you rushed towards him with those incredibly fast moves you could do as a vampire. Marc's eyes widened as the fingers of one of your hands grabbed his hair and turned his head to one side. You could hear the blood rushing through his veins and his heart beating faster than usual.

And then you could feel how the blood rushed to your eyes and how the fangs showed appeared in your mouth. It was like your head would stop thinking properly. You digged your teeth in Marc's neck. He cried out in pain and surprise, but you didn't care. All you could think of was the warm blood that was running through your throat right now. It was so good.

You only stopped when you felt Marc's body getting heavier in your arms. He was dead. You let him fall to the ground and stared at the body in front of you while you whipped the blood from your lips. You had a feeling of satisfaction right now and with a slight smile on your lips, you turned around and just left the apartment after you had grabbed some of your stuff that had still been here. A new life was waiting for you.

~

„Y/N!" You could hear Elijah's voice from far away and abruptly stopped on your way back to the Mikaelson house. You were standing in the middle of a street somewhere in New Orleans and looked around. Elijah must be somewhere around, you were sure.

„Y/N, what have you done?" You turned around and saw him standing only a few meters away from you. He looked serious and you weren't sure what he was thinking. Did he know that you'd just killed Marc? But how?

For a moment both of you just kept standing where you were and not saying a word. You just looked at each other. But then, Elijah came closer. „You've killed him, right?" His voice was quiet and slow. You nodded silently. You and Elijah had been friends for so long now. And he had seen what Marc had done to you every so often. It was clear to him that killing Marc would be the first thing you'd do as soon as you'd be stronger than him.

Elijah sighed and cupped your face with his hands. „You need to stop. I...understand why you did this. Damn, I would have done it myself if you'd let me! But don't give in to the urge to kill people and drink their blood!" Elijah's brown eyes were looking right into yours and he seemed to be more worried than ever. You clenched your fists. What he was asking you to do was a lot. The craving for blood was still overwhelming. And once again, it was as if Elijah could read your mind.

„I know that there's nothing more you want than blood. But you can't walk around killing people. It would bring all the vampires here in danger. We were living here for so many years now and we can only stay here when we don't go around and randomly kill people." He swallowed.

„But...how can I ignore and repress that craving, Elijah?" You started to realize that Elijah was right. You couldn't kill people randomly. Yes, you had killed Marc and you've done it with some weird pleasure. But there were so many innocent people out there. You didn't want to hurt them.

„I will help you, Y/N. I promise. I...I have to confess something." Now you frowned at Elijah. But you waited for him to continue.

„I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you since months, Y/N. Maybe even years. But I only started to realize months ago. But I couldn't tell you because you were with Marc and although he had treated you so bad, you didn't seem to ever be able to leave him. But now...now I can tell you because he's dead and you're...you're a vampire too. I don't want to lose you be-"

With putting a finger on his lips, you made Elijah stop. „You're the best thing that ever happened to me, Elijah", you quietly said. And then you kissed him like you've never kissed anyone before. You would start a new life and you knew, you'd have Elijah and his family by your side. You would be fine in the end.