Little Secrets

As quiet as possible, you creeped into the living room. Five minutes ago, you had arrived at the Mikaelson house and were searching for Elijah now. Where the hell was he? You bit your lips while you slowly continued your way through this huge house. You hated it. You hated that you and Elijah were hiding your relationship from his brother Klaus.

You knew that Klaus had a bad temper most of the time and that he could be dangerous. And you could understand that Elijah didn't want to expose you to his brother's moods. Not yet. You were a couple for only six months now. He was scared that Klaus could hurt you at some point.

But the situation like it was right now, couldn't work forever, you were sure about that. A little sigh escaped your lips as you pushed the next door open. Elijah's bedroom. But he wasn't here neither.

When you turned around, you winced and could barely hold in a scream. There was Elijah standing, dressed in one of his suits and looking fine as hell. A slight smile formed on his lips as he saw you wince. "Never.do.that.again", you mumbled as you stepped towards him. He was a vampire, he could move incredibly fast, so fast that nobody could see him. And you both hated and were fascinated when he did use his supernaturally powers.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you", Elijah said as he pushed a strand of hair behind your ear. "Well, I'm jumpy because I have to hide a secret from your narcissistic, crazy brother and I never know if he's here when I come", you explained.

"I know that you hate it, Y/N. I'm just still not sure what he'll think about us and might do if he won't tolerate our relationship", Elijah said. When he saw your facial expression, he sighed. "You must think I'm a coward, don't you?"

You shook your head at his words. "Of course I don't! I got to know Klaus and I know how unpredictable he can be. But this...is so complicated."

Before you could continue talking, Elijah wrapped his arms around you, pressed you against him and finally kissed you. Yes, that was all you had been waiting for since the last two days. You hated when you couldn't see him. But he had business to do. Mostly family business. And somehow, you didn't want to get involved into that as long as possible.

"Niklaus killed all of Rebekah's lovers over the last thousand years. No matter who she loved, he killed them all. Except for Marcel. But that's another story", Elijah explained. "You're...afraid that he might kill me too because I'm important to you?", you asked. Elijah nodded. "Exactly. But now...let's talk about something else. I've missed you."

You grinned and kissed Elijah once more. He was right. You shouldn't waste the time you had together with talking about Klaus and his intentions. You could use that time much better. And so you let Elijah push you towards the bed.

~

With a sigh of happiness, you snuggled into Elijah's arms and placed your head on his bare chest. He gently stroked your shoulder and when you looked up at him, you could see a smile on his lips. Those were the moments you enjoyed most when you were with him. And you wished you wouldn't have to hide around Elijah's brother anymore. But you knew you would have to be patient. Elijah had his reasons.

"Elijah!"

A loud voice suddenly was heard and you winced – once again. Goddamnit. Elijah shot up from the bed. "That's Niklaus", he calmly said. "What?" You hurried to get out of bed and searched for your clothes that were scattered around the bedroom. You felt panic crawling up your chest. But there was no more time to leave or hide somewhere as the bedroom door opened and Klaus stormed in.

"Niklaus, what the hell's going on?" Elijah asked. His voice was still calm and you couldn't figure out if he was nervous or annoyed or even scared. You just stood there in a corner of the room, pressing your clothes against your bare body and hoping Klaus wouldn't notice you.

But of course, he didn't. He was just about tell Elijah something, when his eyes met yours. You swallowed and tried to calm your heartbeat. "Who are you?", Klaus asked.

"She's my girlfriend. Her name's Y/N", Elijah answered before you could even open your mouth. Okay, now it was out. You watched Klaus' reaction. He frowned and then put his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Great. A new bed bunny for my brother. And you kept that a secret because...?", asked. You gasped. "I'm not his bed bunny!" But Klaus didn't seem to care. He looked back at Elijah.

"Niklaus, I love her. Okay? Leave her alone", Elijah said. Once again, Klaus' eyes wandered back to you. "Alright. Let's go now, brother. We have business to do." With those words, Klaus left again and you let out a sigh of relief, although you were more than surprised about Klaus' reaction.

Elijah turned around. "I'm so sorry, Y/N", he said. But you shook your head. "I thought it would be worse, to be honest", you confessed. Elijah slightly smiled. He lifted one hand and stroked your cheek. "He was in a hurry. There's something going on. But now he knows and...we'll deal with him later. You can stay here and wait if you want. If not...I'll call you." He kissed you once again, put on his suit incredibly fast and then left.

You let yourself sink on the edge of the bed. You felt relieved but also a bit worried. Relieved because you and Elijah didn't have to have secrets anymore. But worried because you knew about Klaus' temper. You hoped that Klaus would just leave you and Elijah alone. And if he would try to start some war because his brother was happy again, you promised yourself, you'd fight. Even if you were just a human. You loved Elijah and you wanted to have a life with him. And not even Klaus would be able to destroy that.