Dancing

"Cami, I'm not sure this is a good idea." You folded your arms in front of your chest and looked at your best friend. Cami rolled her eyes at you while she was rummaging in her closet.

"Y/N, come on. We've talked about that already. Klaus invited me to that party the Mikaelson's are throwing. And I don't want to go there alone", she explained. You sighed and sat down on her bed. "And so I have to join you? I don't know that family. And after what you've told me I guess I'm not keen on getting to know them." You still weren't stoked.

But Cami didn't seem to want to hear. "They're not that bad, really", she tried to encourage you. You sighed. "I don't even have something to wear for a party like that."

"Well", Cami started as she turned around, holding up a gorgeous pink dress, "I thought so. That's because I organized this." A huge grin appeared on the blonde's face. You shook your head in disbelief and slowly stood up. The dress was beautiful. You bit your lips as you grabbed it. "I hate you", you murmured. But Cami just laughed and hugged you. "I know you love me", she grinned and then turned around to put out her own dress: it was a blue one and at least as gorgeous as yours.

~

Critically you looked into the mirror. Cami had won and you had agreed to join her to that party at the Mikaelson house. Well, you hadn't worn a dress like this ever and you had to admit that it looked incredibly pretty.

When your phone rang, you could see that it was Cami. You answered the call. "Hey, where are you? I'm waiting for you outside", she said. "I'll be right there", you promised, hung up and grabbed your purse.

Cami and you arrived at the Mikaelson house only fifteen minutes later and as you followed your best friend towards the front door, you asked yourself what the hell you were even doing here. There were a lot of people, everyone looking gorgeous and wearing smokings or beautiful dresses. You stopped just to look around and take everything in. You were trying to figure out what this evening might bring.

"Y/N? Come on!" Cami had come back to you and now grabbed your hand. She smiled at you. "Don't worry, tonight will be nice, believe me." You just nodded and continued your way with her.

"Wow", you murmured when you entered the house. It looked like a huge party with drinks and music and lights. It was amazing, you thought.

"Cami!" A young man that you had seen from time to time, was walking towards you and your friend. "Klaus!", Cami said and let him kiss her cheek. "I'm pleased you followed my invitation", he said with a smile. Then, he turned to you. "Your friend, right?" Cami nodded and watched you shaking Klaus' hand. "Welcome", he said. "Do you mind if I'll take Cami with me for a moment?", Klaus asked. You shook your head. "Of course not. I'll...get myself something to drink", you said and as soon as they both had disappeared between other people, you hurried to grab you a drink. You were nervous. And you didn't even know why exactly. You had heard a lot about the Mikaelsons and weren't sure how they actually were as persons. And you weren't sure if you wanted to find out.

With a drink in your hand, you stood a bit aside from the knot of people that had started to dance and you let your eyes glide over all those people you knew and people you didn't knew. Suddenly, a good-looking man stepped into your view and walked in your direction. You watched him coming closer and couldn't hide your surprise when he slightly smiled at you and reached out a hand. "Hi, I'm Elijah Mikaelson", he said with a low, soft voice. You slowly grabbed his hand. "Hi. I'm Y/N", you said, wondering why he had come to you to introduce himself.

"Oh, you're Cami's friend, am I right?" You nodded before you took a sip of your drink. His name was Mikaelson. He was Klaus' brother, you were sure about that. But you had no idea what to talk about to him.

For a moment, you just stood there, looking at each other while you were still holding your drink. Then, suddenly, Elijah took the glass out of your hand and put it on the table right next to you. "May I have the pleasure of the next dance?", he asked and held his hand up. Wow. You hadn't expected this and for a second, you weren't sure what to do. But then you nodded and grabbed his hand.

You weren't much of a dancer, but you didn't dare to tell Elijah. He might find out in a moment anyway, you thought. But as soon as he had wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer, you started to move with him and with the music. For the first time in your life, you could dance. You couldn't hide that you were surprised and Elijah smirked at you.

"What the matter?", he asked. You shyly smiled at him as you followed his steps over the dancefloor. "I...in fact, I can't dance", you quietly confessed. Elijah's grin grew a bit wider. "Well, I don't think so, dear."

You didn't know what to respond to that, so you just concentrated on the music and he man you were dancing with. From the corner of your eye you could spot Cami who was dancing with Klaus. They both smiled. And suddenly, you thought that the Mikaelson's maybe weren't that bad. Your best friend seemed to be happy while dancing with one of the most notorious men of New Orleans. And that was all that counted for you: that she was happy.

"What are you thinking about?" Elijah's voice pulled you out of your thoughts and you looked at him again. "Oh, uhm...just...that I didn't expect you and your brother to be...nice." Elijah raised his eyebrows and you bit your lips. What if you had just said something wrong and he'd kick you out of the house?

But his lips parted into a slight smile again and you sighed in relief. "I just heard so much of your family and I was always undecided what to think", you tried to explain. "And what's your impression now?", Elijah asked. You smiled. „Now I think that...Cami is happy when she's with Klaus. And...you seem to be nice too." Elijah laughed at your words and you couldn't deny that you liked the sound of his laugh. "Our family might be different, but there are worse ones out there than us", Elijah said and then pulled you even closer as another slow song started. "If you'd like to get to know us a bit better, you'd see."