Chapter seventeen.

We reached 10K!! *Cheers in background* Thank you all so much!! 

As a celebration, I released a small chapter of my second book called Truth Within Lies! Please go ahead and show it some love! 

Lot's of hugs and kisses -Megan Marie xoxo 

***

Sucking up my dignity, I take the slip of paper and fall into my seat at the back of the class.

Rain begins to bash against the window pane making it hard for anyone to hear.

The lesson drags on and one hour feels like years of wasted time, my mind is in the clouds as I zone in and out of the lesson.

Where could he be?

Next lesson comes swiftly along, bringing the glorious news of a team project. I once again slump at the back of the class until my name gets called out.

"Is everyone happy with their pairs?" Mrs Petro calls out, waiting for a few seconds, "Get started then!"

I wait curiously for my pair to arrive at my desk, pulling up my jumper sleeves and letting out a sigh, my eyes drift around the room, until I spot my pair approaching.

She's wearing her statement black jumpsuit, pulled up at the waste and pulled down at the chest, her long dark hair flowing over her shoulders like a waterfall as she glides towards me, the biggest smirk plastered on her face.

"Hey there, Tripper."

I want to shrivel up into a ball and roll back into my cave where I belong. But something tells me Layla won't let that happen and for the first time ever, I don't care what she does. I'm done with avoiding her.

"Hey." My voice hardly audible and shaky. I pull my sleeve up further and use it to cover the bottom half of my face. My feet tap nervously against the hard floor.

"The thing speaks! D'you hear that Eric?" She is so bouncy and lively, not many people would notice her little digs when she talks like this. Eric chuckles with his friends behind before kicking the leg on my chair.

I almost go flying.

Escaping the desk, I tread towards the textbooks, still completely unaware of what the task actually is.

I'll find out eventually.

Bringing two back, I hope to keep to myself. Using my note book and pencil, I sketch out the details of different plant cells and label them.

"I'll take that. Thanks tripper." Layla utters, tearing a page from my notebook, the page with my freshly made notes and diagrams. I sigh, but say nothing. Layla raises a brow. "Not shying away today?"

I say nothing.

After half an hour of being poked and prodded by Layla and Eric, I grab my water bottle from my bag, chugging some ice-cold water.

It's refreshing, until Layla decides that it's funny to tip it up causing it to spill all over myself.

"What the hell!?!" I shout, whizzing out my seat gasping as the water trickles down my top.

"Grown some balls have we, Tripper?" Seeing the satisfied look on her face makes me sweat with rage and it takes all my strength to release my clenched hands.

"Maddie! Layla! Here now!" Mrs Petro barks. Layla does what she asks.

"Screw all of you!" I shout before storming out the class.