Inventor Hugo

Sofia showed up at Albuquerque Palace and met up with Axel, who was carrying his flying derby uniform.

"Sofia, good to see you," Axel smiled.

"Hi, Axel," Sofia waved. "Is Hugo here?"

"He's been in the ballroom," Axel told her.

Axel and Sofia reached the entrance to the ballroom when they heard a lot of noise.

"That Hugo is up to something," Axel chuckled.

Sofia and Axel entered the ballroom and found what looked like a gold wardrobe.

"I wonder what your brother has been doing," Sofia giggled.

Hugo came out from inside the wardrobe and said, "I just finished."

"What?" Axel asked.

"A new invention," Hugo replied. "I call it the Wardrobotron."

"A new invention?" Sofia asked. "I didn't know you were an inventor."

"Oh, I started this just yesterday," Hugo told her. "Dad overslept yesterday and got dressed goofily. That's what got me to build this."

"So what does this wardrobe gadget do?" Axel chuckled.

"This gadget can put your clothes on for you," Hugo grinned. "That way, you'll never have to rush to get dressed again."

"I like that," Sofia beamed.

"Now that I finished building it, I just need to test it," Hugo declared.

"You can try it on me," Axel offered. "I have to get ready for flying derby practice anyway."

"All right," Hugo agreed.

Hugo set Axel's uniform in the Wardrobotron, and Axel was ready.

"Here we go," Hugo said.

Hugo pulled down a lever, and the Wardrobotron pulled Axel inside. In no time, Axel came out, wearing his uniform, but his vest was on backwards.

"Oops, that's not right," Hugo cringed. He helped unbutton Axel's vest.

"Well, the point of having a test run is to work out the kinks," Axel told him. "Now you've found the kink." Once his vest was unbuttoned, he removed it and put it on properly.

"Okay," Hugo nodded. "If the gadget is making vests go backwards, then maybe there's something in here that's backwards itself."

"Could be," Axel smiled. "Well, I have to get to flying derby practice, so I'll see you later."

"All right," Hugo nodded.

Once Axel left, Hugo dug through his tool box and pulled out an unusual red tool.

"What's this, Hugo?" Sofia asked.

"It's called a twist hook," Hugo replied. "It helps me move hard-to-move pieces."

Hugo showed Sofia how to use the twist hook. Pretty soon, Hugo managed to twist a backwards piece inside the Wardrobotron.

"Okay, hopefully, that'll work," Hugo declared. "Do you want to step inside, Sof?"

"Okay," Sofia nodded.

Sofia stepped on the platform. Hugo shifted the Wardrobotron to put Sofia in a dress. He pulled the lever down, and the Wardrobotron pulled Sofia inside. But then Hugo heard a few bangs inside the gadget. Then Sofia came out, dressed goofily, and a flower was put in her mouth.

"Oh, that wasn't supposed to happen," Hugo fretted. "Something must be seriously wrong. I'm really sorry, Sofia."

As Sofia spit out the flower, she told him, "That's all right."

When Sofia went to change clothes, Hugo took care of the Wardrobotron. The cogs had come loose, and Hugo tried to get them back into place.