Problem Found

The next day, Sofia came to see Hugo. She and Axel found Hugo in the ballroom, gathering his tools.

"What are you doing, Hugo?" Sofia asked. "Did you fix your invention?"

"No, and I never will," Hugo sighed. "I'm taking it apart, so I can throw it away."

"What? Why?" Axel gasped.

"I've tried everything," Hugo admitted. "I've fixed the bolts, screws, cogs—but this thing is still busted."

Garrick came in to see what was going on. "How's the Wardrobotron, champ?" he asked.

"Horrible," Hugo frowned.

"Hugo is throwing away his invention," Axel frowned.

"But why?" Garrick asked.

"I can't find what's wrong with it," Hugo sighed. "I can't believe I thought about inventing."

"Well, then we can help—all of us," Sofia offered.

Axel and Garrick smiled and nodded.

"Sofia is right, Hugo," Garrick smiled. "We can help you fix your Wardrobotron."

Hugo thought about this and smiled. "Okay," he smiled.

Hugo looked in the Wardrobotron and said, "I'll need the pliers."

Axel handed Hugo the pliers.

"Squiggly bolt," Hugo said.

Garrick handed Hugo a wiggly bolt.

"Silver flat ripple," Hugo said.

That's what Axel handed Hugo.

"Six-sided wedding ring," Hugo smiled.

Sofia handed Hugo the ring. Hugo continued rummaging through the gadget and made a face that concerned everyone.

"Oh, no," Hugo huffed.

"What's wrong?" Axel asked. "Do you need your twist hook?"

"A wrench?" Garrick asked.

"Screwdriver?" Sofia guessed.

Hugo sat up and pulled out a broken chain. "No, now I know why this gadget is busted—the chain is broken," he frowned.

The group looked through Hugo's tools, but there was no extra chain.

"I don't think you have another chain, Hugo," Axel frowned.

Now Hugo knew he couldn't fix his invention—but Sofia knew how to fix this.

"I know who will have one," Sofia smiled. She asked Garrick to send a message to Enchancia that Hugo has an invention emergency and he needed Inventor Gwen's help.