Epilogue

Later that day, Hugo was dressed in his flying derby clothes. Sofia came by to escort him to flying derby practice.

"Ready for flying derby practice, Hugo?" Sofia asked.

"Ready," Hugo smiled.

But when Hugo got up from his desk, he heard a rip. He saw that his black and red vest was caught between the desk and chair, and now it was ripped.

"Oh, no," Hugo groaned. "I'd better change, but it'll make us late."

"Not with your invention," Axel smiled.

Hugo ran into the closet and came out, carrying a blue uniform. He set up the uniform in the Wardrobotron an stood on the platform. Axel pulled down the lever, and the Wardrobotron pulled Hugo inside.

"Whoa! No, stop! That tickles!" Hugo cried from inside.

In no time, Hugo came out, wearing his blue uniform. "Thanks, Big Bro," he smiled.

"No problem," Axel smiled back. "I can fix your vest for you."

The minute Hugo and Sofia left, Axel took out a sewing kit. He put thimbles on his fingers, put thread on the needle, and started sewing Hugo's vest.

Hugo sure learned an important lesson. It was okay to try something new, but if it goes wrong, it's not okay to give up no matter how many failed attempts. Sometimes there may be a little problem with an invention that's making it go crazy. Now Hugo knew that if he invented something and the invention went crazy, he needed to work out the kinks and observe carefully to see what was wrong.