two

two

"he's— he's—" hoseok was on the brink of tears. he slowly raised his shaky finger to jungkook, who was now covered in blood stains. everyone didn't know what to do; they just stared at the hanged man with wide eyes, disbelief plastered on their faces.

yoongi saw jimin drop to the ground, his hands trembling as they made their way to cover his mouth. jimin looked so terrified, yoongi could see it. yoongi averted his gaze to taehyung. the younger looked like he stopped breathing completely, his eyes wide in horrification as he stared at jungkook who hanged lifeless from the ceiling.

"how?" seokjin whispered under his breath. "he was with us all this time! how—"

"he wasn't," namjoon cut him off, his voice slightly shaking. "i—i noticed he wasn't even talking at all after he said i'm dead. i thought he was just being quiet on purpose but..."

"then if that's the case, there's a fucking murderer in this house!" taehyung yelled. yoongi flinched in surprise. the others seemed unfazed by his sudden outburst seeming as they were still caught in daze. taehyung was in tears now, his fists clenched.

"we need to get out of here," yoongi croaked, voice barely above a whisper.

taehyung turned to look at yoongi with a look of disbelief. "and leave jungkook?!"

"taehyung, he's dead!" seokjin roared. the both of them snapped their heads to the older only to see him in tears as well, his lips quivering. "the best thing we can do is leave the police to find his murderer."

taehyung opened his mouth to protest.

"other than that," seokjin breathed. "we can't do anything."

the lights started to flicker.

all of them froze.

no one moved. everyone seemed to stop breathing as their eyes turned wide, absolute terror written all over their faces. yoongi's heart started to race. he slowly looked up. his breath hitched when he noticed the lights were starting to flicker faster and faster each passing second. it was hard to see — he could hardly see anyone's face. he started to tremble in his spot, not knowing what to do.

a slash was heard.

yoongi's heart leaped out of his chest upon hearing the sound. he swallowed thickly as he felt his eyes start to move toward the source. he caught himself and paused. what was he doing? it wasn't necessary to look — no — he didn't want to look. not at all. yet, the urge to take a single glance still crept up to his skin slowly, despite his continuous protests.

with one final decision, he turned his head.

he wished he didnt.

it was namjoon.

the younger stood there completely frozen, his eyes wide in fear.

but that wasn't all.

yoongi's eyes slowly trailed to namjoon's neck, only to see a long red slash reaching to the ends. yoongi gulped, his heart starting to beat rapidly against his chest as he stared at the slash; he wished he was just imagining things. he continued to stare at namjoon, who did not a move an inch. yoongi opened his mouth to call his name—

he paled.

the male's head was slowly slipping from its spot – from the exact same spot the slash came from.

then it fell to the ground; eyes still open, yet, completely lifeless.