eight

eight

yoongi couldn't move.

hoseok's lifeless eyes stared at him, bloodshot with a strong sense of fear. he was gone — gone. but it didn't make any sense, it didn't. hoseok was the murderer, yoongi was certain! all the evidence led to him — the keychain, the footage, everything! yoongi didn't dare move an inch, he was confused; his thoughts were starting to get nebulous. if hoseok wasn't the cuplrit,

who was?

"sir!" a hand pulled on his arm repeatedly, snapping him out of his trance. he recoiled, stumbling backwards as his heart raced. the nurse stared at him, the corners of her mouth etching to an evident frown. quite confused, she averted her gaze to the cart. her eyes widened almost immediately, hands covering her mouth as she stared at the dead man. with shaky hands, she hurriedly took out her handheld transceiver, actions frantic. "t-there's a murderer inside the hospital! alert all departments—"

the lights flickered.

yoongi wanted to run — he really did. but he remained completely still in disbelief. yoongi heard the nurse drop her transceiver. she towards him, anxiety splattered all over her face. "s-sir, you need to get out of here as soon as possible."

three cards — the officer, the killer and the citizen.

the murderer was going to strike today.

yoongi apologized and stood up almost immediately, the burning sensation of panic coursing through him. the constant flickering of lights was making his head spin, and it seemed as if the lights were only glimmering faster and faster each passing second. he ran out the hallway, stopping when he saw a mob of people rush to get out of the hospital, screaming and crying. the staff attempted to monitor what was happening.

"we are on lockdown! if you are nowhere near the exits, please stay where you are and close all the possible means of entrance! do not let anyone in—"

the speakers turned off.

the screams only got louder.

yoongi went up the stairs hurriedly towards the third floor, where seokjin's room was. he felt as if his own blood was on fire; he could hear nothing but the rapid pounding of his heart inside his chest. arriving on the third floor was a complete chaos. patients hastened to lock their doors, some even persisting on dashing downstairs to exit the hospital.

yoongi bit his lip and hurriedly ran through the crowd of people, adrenaline clawing onto his skin. upon arriving at seokjin's room, he frantically opened the door, stumbling inside. "are you guys okay—"

the room was empty.

"no, no, no," yoongi said under his breath, scampering towards the vacant hospital bed. yoongi saw jimin's phone at the corner of his eye and instantaneously grabbed it. he pursed his lips nervously and contacted dojung. it rang several times before directing to voicemail. yoongi frustratedly ran his fingers through his hair—

the lights went off.

yoongi froze.

and then he heard dragging.

yoongi hastily crawled under the hospital bed, a wave of trepidation washing over him. he struggled to fit his whole figure inside, yet he persisted. yoongi's eyes widened upon seeing the faint sight of the metal out in the open, only then did he realize he had dropped the keychain. yoongi extended his arm to reach for it, but it was too far out.