seven

seven

yoongi stayed frozen in his spot, wide-eyed. he couldn't believe it. hoseok? — it couldn't be. the mere thought of the metal inside his pocket scared him. it belonged to his friend — no — it belonged to a murderer. it belonged to a merciless murderer who didn't mind his hands to be tainted with bloody scarlet. yoongi didn't notice seokjin's hand inch closer to his, causing him to flinch as soon as they made contact. yoongi looked at the older, eyes still wide. seokjin gave him a concerned look, as if asking if he was okay.

but yoongi didn't say anything back. he couldn't reassure the older he was okay, because he wasn't. yoongi turned to dojung almost immediately, a look of panic plastered on his face. "where's jimin?"

dojung looked a bit taken back by the sudden question. "u—uh, i called him awhile ago. he said he was on his way."

yoongi cursed under his breath and got up. "if you see jimin, call me right away. make sure you keep him under your watch at all times, okay?"

dojung nodded unsurely, looking confused as to why yoongi was acting like this. yoongi frantically ran towards the door, hearing the inspector call out his name as he did so. he ignored him and fished his phone out of his pocket. he typed in his pin and immediately called jimin, walking in a hurried way.

"pick up, pick up." yoongi chanted under his breath, starting to unconsciously chew on his nails. yoongi grunted in frustration when the call directed to voicemail, but nevertheless, yoongi persisted. he called jimin once again. it rang a couple of times, but that was it. yoongi clutched the phone in his hand tighter, starting to get anxious.

"hyung?"

yoongi immediately turned around when he heard the familiar voice. upon seeing jimin that stood from a distance, yoongi felt the huge weight that burdened his shoulders subside. he bit his lip and ran towards the younger, gaining a confused look from him. he flinched slightly when yoongi grabbed his shoulders.

"listen," yoongi started. "i want you to stay with the inspector. don't trust anyone else, not even hoseok—"

"hoseok-hyung?" jimin interrupted with a frown. "why? did something happen between the two of you?"

yoongi pursed his lips. "just promise me, jimin. okay? i know what i'm doing."

jimin looked unsure; yoongi couldn't blame him. yoongi and hoseok were the closest friends. yoongi treated him like a brother, and so did hoseok himself. the sudden change of attitude yoongi brought towards hoseok probably confused the younger — it wasn't jimin's fault to be quite hesitant about it.

jimin gave yoongi a slow nod, although, still looking a tad bit flabbergasted by his words. yoongi thanked him, giving him a weak smile.

yoongi hesitantly walked in the investigation department dojung was assigned to. he remembered coming here just yesterday with the others, being questioned as witnesses. dojung wasn't here — he was still at the hospital, assuring seokjin's condition. yoongi didn't want to bother the inspector, so he decided to go by himself.

"may i help you?" a man approached him, a cup of what seemed like coffee, in his hand. he looked like he was about in his late 20s. he did seem that young, pushing aside the heavy bags that fell under his eyes. yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but the man's eyes suddenly widened, beating him to it. "you're one of the witnesses of the latest case, aren't?"