five

five

"how far is the police station from here?"

"about a thirty-minute drive," hoseok replied quietly, his figure slightly shaking. yoongi frowned as he stared at the younger male. hoseok tended to blame himself a lot, even if it wasn't his fault. despite his bright demeanor, he was quite sensitive. yoongi lifted his hand to touch him, but hoseok only flinched in surprise. he realized what he did and apologized silently. yoongi withdrew his hand, pursing his lips closed.

"you guys locked everything right? everything's secured?" seokjin asked anxiously. jimin and hoseok nodded.

as soon as yoongi and seokjin got over, they immediately hurried inside. they all locked the doors and sealed the windows shut with wood. they were staying at hoseok's guest house. the place looked old and rundown due to the fact that it hadn't been used in years, but it was still sturdy and livable. with no means of transportation, they decided to stay for the time being.

"yoongi, can you try calling?" yoongi jumped slightly at the sudden mention of his name. he relaxed, shoulders tensing down. he fished his pocket for his phone hastily. he tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't work. furrowing his brows, he attempted again, but to no avail.

"i think i ran out of battery," yoongi muttered. seokjin let out an airy groan as he bit his nails in nervousness.

"jimin, try yours," seokjin said, disquietude laced around his tone.

"huh?" jimin said, eyes still in daze. "oh. okay."

jimin frantically got his phone out his back pocket. once his phone was out, he typed in his password before punching in the numbers. he placed the phone against his ear, swallowing thickly. yoongi noticed the frown that etched across the younger's face only seconds later.

"it's not ringing..." jimin said, his voice barely above a whisper as he took the phone off his ear. jimin pressed call once again, a look of apprehension plastered on his face. he bit his lip and set his phone down, shaking his head at seokjin. the older placed his hand against his head, eyes seeming to well up in frustration.

"this is all my fault," hoseok said, voice unsteady. "if i hadn't host that stupid party, none of this would've happened."

yoongi frowned. "it's not your fault—"

"it is, and you know it!" hoseok half-yelled, fists clenched and teeth gritted. "hardly anybody lives in this neighborhood! don't you think it was dumb of me to throw a party in a place like this?"

seokjin wrapped his arms around hoseok without saying a word. hoseok's fists loosened as he swallowed the lump in his throat, as if holding back his tears. yoongi felt a sense of guilt as he saw the younger male's eyes starting to well up in tears as he sat there completely defenseless. seokjin ran his hand up and down against hoseok's back, muttering words of comfort, but hoseok only cried harder.

a few hours passed and eventually, the youngest ones fell asleep, leaving seokjin and yoongi awake.

yoongi rested his back against the wall, staring at the hoseok and jimin who were huddled in sleeping bags. "hey, hyung?"

seokjin turned to him, fatigue written all over his face. "hm?"

"do you think we're going too die, too?"