six

six

"kim seokjin, a senior at hanseol university, was found severely injured in his dorm's public bathroom. the police suspect the culprit had used a knife to bore through kim seokjin's abdomen. kim is still unconscious. however, the weapon used cannot be found. the police are trying their best to trace the culprit, but there has been no progress so far-"

"no — wait, don't turn it off!" yoongi stumbled towards his fellow coworker, who had the remote in his hand. the male gave him a surprised look, taken back by yoongi's sudden action. nevertheless, he kept the television on, handing the device he held to yoongi. yoongi hastily increased the volume, fear blocking his source of air.

yoongi paled as soon as the graphic images appeared on screen. there was blood — blood everywhere. the pictures were censored heavily. the man was sprawled across the floor, surrounded by his own pool of blood. yoongi's hand fell to his waist as soon as a picture of seokjin — his own best friend — appeared on the screen.

fear overtook yoongi as he unconsciously backed away.

and then he ran.

the continuous protests of his coworker reached his ears, but he continued to run. he didn't care if he ended up getting fired for leaving in the middle of his shift with no prior notice — not at all. his coworker's usual raspy voice was drowned out by the heavy pouring of rain. yoongi struggled to maintain his pace — the endless drops of water burdened him too much.

from a distance, he caught sight of a cab. he frantically ran towards the end of the sidewalk, raising his hand to catch the attention of the driver. fortunately, the cab slowed down, stopping in front of him. yoongi hurriedly went inside the backseat, closing the car door as he got inside.

the driver looked at him from the rear mirror, "where are you off to?"

yoongi bit his lip in frustration upon realizing he didn't know which hospital seokjin was admitted to. the only option he had was the closest hospital from seokjin's dorm. he was unsure about it, but the possibility was high. "s-sangwo hospital, please."

the driver gave him a small nod as he chewed on his gum, driving off. yoongi fished his phone out of his pocket impetuously. having it in his hands, he typed in his pin frantically, the screen changing when he had finished. his fingers were shaking as they hovered over his phone. hurriedly, he typed in hoseok's name; he didn't hesitate to call him. it was ringing, but hoseok wasn't picking up. yoongi rid the phone from his ear, frustrated, and cancelled the call.

he bit his nails, deciding to call dojung.

---

"so he's okay, right? he won't die?"

"he's fine, yoongi," dojung sighed for the umpteenth time, pushing yoongi away lightly. yoongi was leaning too close to him, desperate for an answer. yoongi gave him a sheepish look, quietly apologizing. he had been asking the older male about seokjin's condition every five minutes, no wonder the inspector was starting to get a tad bit annoyed.

noticing the apologetic look on yoongi's face, dojung gave him a small smile. "you're such a worry wart. they performed stitches on him, so he's expected to wake up real soon."

yoongi nodded, a tiny smile starting to tug at the corners of his lips. he was glad that seokjin's wounds weren't fatal - he couldn't bear experience another death. the both of them were outside seokjin's hospital room, but they weren't allowed to enter just yet.