three

three

"fucking run!" seokjin demanded.

and they did.

yoongi hurriedly turned on his heel, his heart palpitating as thoughts raced to his head. out of the corner of his eye, he saw jimin lose balance. the younger immediately fell to the ground with a thud. yoongi's anxiety crawled up to him and he quickly turned around, helping the male up. jimin let out a shaky breath. he stood with wobbly feet and pushed yoongi weakly, as if saying he should just go ahead.

yoongi shook his head and placed jimin's arm over his shoulders for support. jimin didn't say anything.

"the door won't fucking open!" taehyung yelled, twisting the knob vigorously, but to no avail. he slammed his fist against the door in frustration.

"you've got to be kidding me," yoongi heard seokjin whisper under his breath. he watched as the older attempted to twist the knob as well, but it didn't work. seokjin swallowed thickly, starting to roughly pull on the knob, turning more vigorous each passing second.

"this can't be happening," hoseok paced. "this cant be fucking happening!"

yoongi quickly neared the windows near the front. he tried to twist the lock open, but it didn't budge. he narrowed his eyes, proceeding to put more force. he grunted when it didn't move an inch. he bit his lip and attempted to try again, but it did nothing but leave a pain in his hand.

hoseok pushed him away frantically — yoongi knew the younger didn't mean it purposely. hoseok tried to open the lock himself, but to no avail. he grunted, exerting more force. after continuous tries, the exhausted younger heaved a loud groan and proceeded to slam his fist against the glass repeatedly.

"yoongi, take your phone out and call for help," seokjin said rashly. "rest of you — find anything that can be used to break the windows open."

yoongi immediately fished for his phone while the others complied. with shaky fingers, he hurriedly punched in the numbers. placing it on speaker, he swallowed thickly as the phone rang.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"t—there's a a murderer and we're trying to get out but the only exits won't open and we don't know what to do and—"

"sir, take a deep breath. please tell me your name and location, we'll be right there—"

the voice distorted.

"h—hello?" yoongi said shakily as the voice from the other side continued to distort, an unusual buzzing replacing it. yoongi's heart started to race at the mere sound. he glanced at seokjin for reassurance, but the older was frozen into his spot. the voice from the other side continued to drone.

the line went dead.

yoongi paled as he turned to look at seokjin, whose expression matched his as well.

and then he heard dragging.

but no — this time it didn't seem like something heavy. this time, it sounded like metal. yoongi could hear it — he could hear it real clear. it was dragged across the floor tauntingly. it seemed sharp and it was faintly screeching. yoongi grew cold at the noise.

it was coming closer.

and closer.

the loud sound of glass being shattered reached yoongi's ears in an instant. the sharp dragging came to a halt immediately. yoongi's head jolted as he snapped his gaze to the source. taehyung was panting slightly as he stared at the fragments of glass that scattered along the floor, a weapon in his hand. yoongi's eyes trailed down to the younger's hand, eyes widening as he saw the fresh blood gushing down.

"taehyung, your hand—"

"i don't give a fuck, hyung!" taehyung growled impatiently. "we need to get out of here!"

the lights started to flicker.

"shit," seokjin said, immediately helping jimin up. yoongi took this as a sign to run, and so he did.

all of them did.

hoseok was the first one to jump over. but he didn't run, no he didn't. he stood there, waiting for the rest of them to do the same thing. taehyung shook his vigorously and told him to go as the next person — jimin — went over. hoseok shook his head, a terrified expression plastered on his face. it was clear he didn't want to leave them behind.

"just go!" taehyung yelled. "we'll be right behind, i promise."

seokjin followed. hoseok took steps forward hesitantly as seokjin and jimin trailed behind him, unsure. their steps continued to increase speed, and then they ran.

yoongi heard dragging.

"fuck!" taehyung cursed, "hyung, hurry!"

yoongi hurriedly crossed over. he turned to taehyung, his heart beating at an unusual rate. the younger was struggling. taehyung tried to use his hands as support, but he only winced in response, blood continuing to rush from his severely injured hand.

yoongi ran to him and wrapped the younger's arms around his neck. he attempted to pull taehyung over completely in one try, but the exit was too high for that. yoongi grunted, trying to ignore the growing disquietude he felt. taehyung slightly panted, trying to use his feet to push himself up as he held on to yoongi tightly.

it wasn't working.

yoongi felt taehyung's grip loosen around him. the younger seemed to stop trying. "just go."

yoongi shook his head, frustrated tears threatening to fall. he held taehyung's hands with his own roughly, refusing to let go.

and then he heard a slash from behind.

yoongi paled.

"run." taehyung uttered weakly.

-
this sucked.

im so sorry for not updating for 3 weeks idk whats wrong with me i wAS GONNA UPDATE LAST WEEK BUT BTS RELEASED THE SPRING DAY MV AND I WAS TOO SHOOK TO UPDATE