England x Reader

─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────
Magic is real
─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────

(Y/N) walked into her boyfriend's house. She looked around but didn't see Arthur anywhere not in the living room or in his bedroom. She even checked the kitchen, the room Arthur was forbidden to go to without her with him.

(Y/N) smirked to herself and rubbed her hands against each other. She could go and look into the basement. The basement that Arthur would keep a secret. She would always wonder what was in there and already attempted numerous times to enter it.

She ran down the stairs as she couldn't keep her excitement.

She turned the knob and saw a dark room. It had two big shelves full of books in one and full of glass bottles in the second one. The bottles were full of different mysterious liquids which lightly illuminated the shelves. The floor was dirty cobblestone with a giant green mat in the centre.

"W-what's this? What are t-those bottles and books for?"

The girl looked around and picked up one of the glowing flasks. She was about to put it back but then heard the door creak. She dropped it, all of its contents oozed out onto her shoes. There was even some sort of violet smoke coming off from it.

"Love? What the bloody hell are you doing on here? And what have you spilt on the floor?!"

(Y/N) didn't know what to say, guilt and fear filled through her.

"A-Arthur, what's this stuff on my feet and what will it do to me? And what the hell is this room for? Summoning demons?"

Arthur looked away while blushing.

"Well, I... I can perform magic with Vladimir and Lukas..."

(Y/N) nearly, somehow, choked on air. Magic? Magic surely isn't real, right?

"So this stuff on my feet can harm me?! And since when was magic real?!" She screeched out, fully terrified.

Arthur looked down at her feet and his face changed from fear to confusion.

"Jeez... that's just a disgusting vegetable smoothie I made earlier today for pranking Francis, I forgot to but it back in the fridge, love."

...

"Oh."