Italy x Reader

─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────
Carpe Diem
─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────

Ack- I'm so sorry for not updating in ages. I'm getting a ton of work in school and well, I don't know which characters to write about. But anywho, I hope you enjoy this and it isn't sucky. Gondolas cost so much in Venice ;-;

(Y/N) sighed happily as she walked out of the Italian airport. She pulled along her black, wheeled suitcase onto the waiting area's pavement. Soon enough she saw her friend, Feliciano, in his red car. He was wearing a striped button up shirt - though the top button was undone - and black loose trousers. The car was without a roof and so she could his joyful shouting and cheering.

"Ciao, (Y/N)! Welcome!"

(Y/N) giggled and waved in response to him. Once Feliciano parked, the tired female put her suitcase in the boot before sitting in the passenger's seat next to him.

"Long time, no see!" She spoke up "Sì, sì! I'm glad you came to visit!" He hugged her tightly. (Y/N) returned the hug equally as tight. "I must show you the beauties of my country, (Nickname)~" "Oh, that'd be wonderful!"

~~~

Feliciano took hold of (Y/N)'S hand as they walked through Venice. The sky was bruised, in a mix of purple and blue and the stars shone beautifully brightly. (Y/N) looked around in awe and amazement, everything looked so magnificent. The waters surrounding the streets also added to her amazement, they reflected every light and shine around. Suddenly, Feliciano went to a halt.

"Do you want to go on one of the gondolas?" Feliciano asked, tilting his head. (Y/N) could only nod since the city took away her speech. Feliciano dragged her again to the nearest free gondolier. (Y/N)'S eyes widened when she saw that her dear friend was giving him €110. "If it costs that much, I don't want to go." She said, holding his shoulder. "No, no, it's quite alright!" (Y/N) huffed; she knew he wouldn't change his mind no matter what she said.

The two got into the gondola. Both of them sat next to each other. Both of them smiled widely. Both of them ignored the sounds of people and shouting along the streets and instead focused on each other.

"Ve~ You look so beautiful, (Nickname)!" (Y/N) blushed "Thanks! ...But Feliciano..." He furrowed his brows in confusion "Why'd you spend so much money on me?" Feliciano returned to his signature smile "You're special to me and well, Carpe Diem[1]!"

[1] A shortened Latin quote meaning 'Seize the day'