Chapter 10- Competiton Weekend Pt 2

Emily's POV
"Emily.. look.. I lo-" he was interrupted by Kaitlyn. "Kenneth!" OMG! Again! "Want to go to the pool?" She asked. "Uhh..sure" he answered. "I'll talk to you later Emily" he said walking away. "sure" I whispered quietly. I walked to the pool in my bikini and jumped in. After a while of swimming and stuff and we were walking back from dinner, "goodnight guys" I said to everyone. "goodnight" they replied. We walked into the room and went to bed. "guys?" I said to Tati and Bailey. "Yeah" they said. "I think when Kenneth was talking to me today he was going to say he liked me" I said smiling. "Well he does" Tati said. "For sure" Bailey said. "And what about Gati and Seaniley?" I asked. "Its official" they said at the same time. "OMG! Guys that's amazing" I said. "Thanks" they said again at the same time. "Goodnight" I said. "Goodnight" they replied.
*Skip Saturday*
It is Sunday today the day of the competition and we arrived at competition, Sheer Talent. I sat at the mirror doing my makeup all I could think about was Kenneth. Kenneth and Kaitlyn were rehearsing the duet with Miss Abby. "Come on Kaitlyn!" Miss Abby shouted. "Ok this just isn't working" Guy said. "At this point we need to scratch the dance" Rumer said. "No" I said. "This duet is to important to Kenneth.." I said. "Put me in" I said. "Ok, we have to" Miss Abby said. Then the director of the competition walked in, "it has come to our intentions that you only have entered two dances we need you to have at least four dances in the competition to compete" they explained. "Oh Ok" Miss Abby said worried. "Umm.. Emily and Kaitlyn you both worked on solos over the summer.. throw on your costumes" she said. "Ok Miss Abby" We said at the same time. "Ok.. what will there routines be entitled?" The director asked. "Um.. Emily's will be entitled Someone Special and Kaitlyn's will be entitled The Coronation" miss Abby replied. "Thank you" she said. "You're welcome" miss Abby said. I can't believe I have a solo up against Kaitlyn! I walked out in my costume and was ready to perform.
*backstage*
Kenneth walked up to me backstage, "good luck Emily" he hugged me. "Thanks Ken it means a lot to me" I smiled hugging him back. "Next up is entry number 127, this is Kaitlyn with the Coronation" the announcer said as she walked on stage. (Just pretend Kaitlyn is Brynn)

She did good I admit. It was amazing! I just don't know how i am going to do. I was warming up and shaking my hands, "you're gonna do great" said Tati. "Good Luck!" They shouted as I walked on stage. "Next up is entry number 89 please welcome to the stage Emily performing Someone Special" the announcer said as I walked on stage. (Just pretend Emily is Maddie)

I danced my heart out. I slow walked of the stage. I hugged the squad, "you were amazing!" They exclaimed. "I had chills down my spine" said Josh. I saw Kaitlyn standing in the corner. "Great Job" I hugged her. "Thanks, you too" she said hugging me back she isn't so bad after all. I got ready for my duet with Ken. I did my make up and costume and after rehearsing Ken and I walked backstage, "Ken I'm sorry for being so mean and stupid" I said. "It's ok" he said. "I was stupid" he added. I laughed. "Let's do this!" I said as we were about to go on stage. "Next up is entry number 198 please welcome to the stage Emily and Kenneth performing Work from Home" the announcer said. We did amazing.. when I fell out of my turns he actually caught me. I did a round off back handspring back handspring aerial back walkover! It was epic! At the end Kenneth and I were face to face.. breathing heavily as everyone cheered. We walked of stage and I gave Kenneth a tight hug. "Thanks Ken" I said. "Thanks Em" he said.
*skip the group(it'll just take a while to explain)*
"Welcome everyone to the Sheer Talent Award Ceremony" the announcer said as everyone cheered. "Ok starting with our top 3 Teen solos" they added. "In 3rd Place with a score of 270 out of 300 is entry number.. 112 Julianna with Once upon a time" they said. "Ok there is one whole point separating first and second place" they announced. "Ladies and gentlemen your second runner up.. with a score of 298 out of 300.. is entry number.. 127 this is Kaitlyn with The Coronation" they said. OMG! I Might Win! "In first place receiving the title of Senior Miss Dance of Phoenix Arizona with an outstanding score of 299 out of 300.... is entry number... 89! Emily with someone special!" OMG I WON! EVERYONE CHEERED. "Ok in our Teen Duet/Trio division we will be announcing the top 2" they said. "I'm second place with a score of 290 out of 300 is entry number.. 207.. James and Isabella with My Love for you" they announced. "In first place with an extraordinary score of 300 out of 300 is entry number.."
(To be continued....)

Exactly 899 words ❤