"Just one deep breath."

Requested chapter❤☺️

Louis: 9

Harry: 7

Niall: 5

🌷🌹🌸🌺🌼🌺🌸🌹🌷

Every once in a while, usually once a month, Liam took his whole family to the forest for a hike. He used to do that all the time with his parents and sisters, they would pack some food and go walk through the forest, and enjoy nature.

Liam had always been into sports, healthy food, and being outside. He wanted his kids to be in contact with nature, and get some fresh air, as well as walk and move their legs. He knew the boys wouldn't be so happy about those hikes when they were older, but so far they really liked them. They loved climbing rocks and trees, and running around.

Liam proposed a hike once during spring, on a weekend when he knew they didn't have plans, and the weather was supposed to be nice. That morning, Zayn and Liam made sandwiches and packed a lot of snacks and drinks, and they helped get the boys dressed into comfy clothes, and their walking shoes.

"Daddy, can I wear this?" Harry asked, smiling wide. He had a missing tooth, and his smile was the cutest thing.

"Of course, love." Liam said, approving of Harry's pink t-shirt with a glittery crown on it. It was one of Harry's favorites.

"I can't tie my shoes!" Niall screamed, dragging the last syllable. Zayn was helping him even before he had finished the sentence. The little boy sometimes asked for help even when he didn't need it. They knew he could tie his own shoes, he just didn't want to do it. He wanted attention, and Zayn was alright with that.

"Before we leave, we're going to put sunscreen on all of you." Zayn said, and the three boys groaned at the same time.

"I don't like sunscreen. It smells like the beach, but we're not on the beach. It's sad." Niall said.

"I like it, it's soft." Harry smiled sweetly.

After a few minutes, they were all ready to go, and the whole family headed to the car. They did a quick check, and went back inside to get another bottle of water and a plastic bag (forest means curves, and curves means a dizzy Harry).

They were going somewhere next to their town, so it was a short car ride, only around twenty minutes. They got to their destination in time, and the sun was shining bright when they left the car, taking in the fresh mountain air, so good for their lungs.

They walked slow, because there was no way to go faster with a five year old, but they had a lot of fun. When they found a river, Liam and Louis tried to cross it from one side to the other, Liam telling Louis where to place his feet. Harry and Zayn made a boat out of fallen leaves and tree bark, and Niall threw rocks, trying to get as far as he could.

This time, Liam tried to get his family to a spot where they'd never been before, which also required walking more and faster. He thought the kids could take it, even if he had to carry Niall during the hardest parts. And probably Harry too, the boy had a tendency to fall and scrape his knees, something he hated deeply. Louis, already nine years old, had a good balance and resistance, he was used to playing long football games, and they weren't worried about him.

The parents had to pressure the boys into going a little faster, because the days were short, and they were scared they'd lose daylight when they still weren't done walking, so the boys had to walk a lot faster than they were used to. Louis didn't complain, opposite to Niall, who repeated that "his feet hurt" for the entire day. Harry was unusually quiet, walking behind everyone else, trying to keep up. He didn't want to complain, but he was very, very tired, and he needed a break.