Chapter 15

Anna pov:

This was the first time I have seen him. He was so worried about his mother. He is so lucky to have a loving mother not like me.

When he immediately pulled me in a hug, I was a little taken back but hugged him back. I whispered few words to make him calm. He calmed a little but not to my satisfaction.

I have an unusual feeling in my heart, when I felt my shoulder wet. I looked and saw Mr. Vincent was crying. He immediately whipped his tears and composed himself. I felt terrible for him. I really wish for her mother to get well soon.

After that incident we booked tickets and thank God we got it. We went straight to the hotel, packed our things and left for the airport.

While we were in a plane, I was tried and too sleepy but scared to sleep. Just thinking about, if I sleep I will have a nightmare which I don't want right now. I was just trying to be awake the whole ride. I think Mr. Vincent saw it scared me; he holds my hand throughout we arrive to London.

I felt someone shaking me. I slowly open my eyes and saw, it was Mr. Vincent. He said that we arrived to London. I don't know when I sleep.

When I looked down at my hand saw he was still holding me. A smile creeps on my face. I feel too safe beside him.

After we left from airport he said
"I will drop you to your home and then to the hospital."

"thank you but go see your mother first, I can take a taxi from here." I told him
"I will drop you and then to the hospital." he said in a stern voice.

I didn't reply to him and just going through my phone. If there is any missed call but no. I forgot who is there to call me. I sighed and kept my phone down.

After about 15 minutes we reached my home. I thanked him, Mr. Vincent said " tomorrow take a day off you must be tired."

I would refuse to him but he showed his hand to stop. I obeyed to him. I once again thanked him. I got down of the car, took my bag and luggage. And went straight inside the house.

As I entered my house, I saw my mother sitting on a couch in the living area with a cup of tea in her hand. I just wanted to escape from her and go into my room. But that wasn't possible as I heard her calling my name.

"Oh, my dear look who is back. So finally you had time to get back home."
I didn't respond and just kept my head down not wanting to meet her gaze.
"Now do you atleast have the courtesy to look at me and reply to what i am asking,"

"I had an important meeting so i had to leave," I told her

"You did as you had to go with your so-called boss is it?" she raised her eyebrows looking at me.

"I am his personal assistant I will have to go with him,"

"Oh, please don't tell me all that I know what were you doing with him all alone,"
She shouted at me

"Mother please, how could you think like that about me" I almost had tears in my eyes. I didn't expect to hear something so low about me from her. I knew that she didn't like me but she thought this low of me.