Chapter 18

Next day

Anna pov:

    Last night I couldn't sleep. The whole night I was thinking about him. He got to know about my past. But it wasn't everything. I can't just tell him everything. I have trust issues.

  I looked at the watch it was 6 in the morning. So I got up, took a bath and got dress.

   I went down stairs done my daily routine. And left for work. You guys must think about breakfast? I wasn't in a mood to have anything now. I reached office on time. I entered and saw Mr. Vincent didn't come till now. I sat on my chair smiling. At least I don't have to face him for a while.

  "you look beautiful while smiling." I was shocked when I heard a familiar voice which pass near me. I didn't need to turn around and look at the person. It was none other than Mr. Vincent.

  I just composed myself, arrange all the files and the schedule for today. I walked towards Mr. Vincent's room. I knocked the door and waited for him to call me inside. When I heard him, I went inside.

  "Sir your file and schedule. I have arranged it, please tell me if I have to make any changes." I said while placing everything on the table.

  "thank you and no, there is no need to change and please get me a black coffee," he said while looking in the files. I just nodded and left the room.

   I went down to the cafeteria and got coffee, a black coffee and a sandwich for me. I put all the things on the tray. And walk to the lift. I wasn't able to press the button because of the tray. Someone from behind press the button of the lift. I turn around and it was Shawn.

    I smiled at him and thank him for the help. I got inside the lift followed by Shawn. We reached the floor. I was going towards the room then suddenly someone from behind pushed me but an arm took hold of me and the tray. I smiled at him and looked at the tray.

   "I thought I was wrong but you prove me wrong that you are a whore that that roam around from one man to another." I heard a voice which I hate a lot. It was my mother but what is she doing here. She was laughing

   I remove Shawn hands from my waist.   " mother what are you doing here? "I asked her.

" ooh! Did I disturb you? Oh, dont worry you can continue your whoring around. I just came to see you.," she said in an evil voice. I looked around, and everyone was seeing.

  " mother please leave. We will talk about this at home, please. You are creating a scene.,"I tried to tell her calmly

  She walked towards me and pushed the tray on me the hot 2 cups of coffee landed on my dress and I flinch in pain when it meet in contact with my skin. Tears started to fall from my eyes.

   Why is she so mean to me? She was laughing looking at my condition. Then Shawn made me stand. He was the least person who I expect to see me like this.

   "I don't know what your boss looked at you. You have no body or beauty." she said

   "What's going on in my office" a high pitch voice interrupted. I turn around to look at Mr. Vincent. When he saw me his face changed into concern. He rushed toward me.

  "oh! So the romeo has came," she said.

  She continued "you know one thing about Anna, she is a useless piece" she laughed and I wasn't able to control myself I was crying. "And a burden keep that in mind oh I forget she is unlucky too" with that she came in front of me she slapped. I didn't accept her to slap me in office.

  By the sudden impact I was about to fall but Mr. Vincent hold me. She was about to slap me again but this time Mr. Vincent hold her hand.

   "enough" he shouted and jerked her hand. "if you are done get out of the office " he shouted.