Chapter 2

Dominic's POV

It was her. "Arabella" I remember the cashier shouting her name. The tall, stunning woman, whose face never quite managed to evacuate my memory.

I remember that night like it was yesterday.

James had called telling me about his friend's new club, where we had VIP invitations.

He had repeatedly insisted that I wasn't spending enough time for myself. Work as always had been tough and there was no time for socializing, since I had only recently stepped up as the CEO of the company. It was a gift from my father for my 31st birthday, even though he had insisted that it was my hard job that won me the title.

Being into the VIP section with James and some of our friends, we took complete advantage of the open-bar offer which was provided for all the VIPs.

Gulping down another shot of tequila, the strong liquor burned my throat leaving a bitter-sweet after taste and a feel of tepidness in my chest. This was exactly what I needed. Even though that was my fifth shot, I wasn't really dazed, I was only slightly tipsy since alcohol never got to me easily.

Walking towards the bar to get another drink, I was staggered by a blonde beauty who was swaying her hips to the rhythm of the music alongside two other girls. The short distance between us allowed me to study her closely, noticing her high waisted shorts and crop top which were quite revealing. Her black heels were doing a wonderful job at emphasizing her long, toned legs, while only a slight amount of cleavage was shown, her off-balance movements and hazy gaze a dead giveaway of her drunken stage. Her overall appearance reminded me one of a model's, her height impressively close to my 6'4 build. Sexy, very sexy.

"I would totally bang that". Came the cocky comment of my best friend looking towards her direction.

Before I could even stop myself, the words came out almost dreamily, "Yeah me too." which had James laughing his head off.

"I'm telling you bro, you need to get laid and that lady over there" he said pointing a long, slender finger towards her, "would be a great choice. Come, let's go talk to her and her friends."

He then started heading towards them, but before I followed I ordered the bartender to make me another drink.

I swallowed the drink in one big gulp, its vile taste teasing my insides and headed over to James who was talking with the 2 lady-friends of the blonde minx, who was dancing and giggling next to them.

"She's overdone it this time but it's her twenty-fifth birthday after all."  The blonde one shouted to an amused James on top of the music. James continued having small talk with the two ladies, while the sexy minx kept moving around the dance floor. Slowly, I closed the distance between us, putting my arms around her waist, the alcohol slowly yet powerfully numbing my own senses.

Feeling her arms around my shoulders with her delicate fingers rubbing my back, I felt unexpectedly satisfied. Not wasting any more time, my lips had eagerly attacked her own. Her mouth had soon opened up for me granting me more access, which I quickly took advantage of. Our tongues were dancing together in sync, her kiss driving me insane, as if I couldn't get enough of her.

Our fierce make-out session lasted for a few more minutes and my senses were getting more and more cloudy by the minute. Eventually, a bulge started forming in my pants, which was further intensified when her fingers touched my member, which had me gasping for air.

"If I were you, I wouldn't do that again sweetheart. Unless of course you want me to take you right here, on this dance floor." I whispered seductively into her ear, her blue depths lighting up in mischief.

"Then let's get out of here." She whispered back, her voice sending chills to my most sensitive part.

And the rest is history.

That was the last time I saw her. The next morning I had woken up alone, the scrunched up, white silky sheets and cold mattress, clear indications that she had left long before I had woken up. The only thing that was left from her was a note and the slight scent of earthy flowers lingering on my pillows.

When reading her note an amused smile had made its way onto my face, the little witch managing to occupy my thoughts for much longer than I would have liked. No matter how hard I was trying to get rid of such thoughts and her image altogether, there was something about her, something I couldn't quite place my finger on, that had me bemused and astounded.

I still remember how our bodies were molding perfectly into each other, craving for more and more, a touch, a kiss, a caress. Even though back then I had attempted to find out who she was, I didn't even have her first name.

Arabella. I thought to myself again. A beautiful name for an alluring woman.  As soon as she had stepped into the coffe shop, my gaze was completely fixated on her, her impressive height and familiar grey hoodie immediately giving her identity away. Her pink tights and shorts did a great job at displaying her long, toned legs, those same sexy legs that had once been tightly wrapped around my waist as I was pounding into her. I stil remember when sometime during our night together I had felt sober enough to be able to study her closely. Her face looked pretty and pure. That night I had cherished her body and I couldn't bring myself to stop, even when both of our bodies were exhausted. Her moans and screams which are still present in my memory, kept making me hornier and hornier throughout the night, my only regrets, not finding out her name and not telling her my own.

When she saw me today, she appeared shocked and embarrassed. A part of me doesn't quite understand why I ran after her in the first place, but a stronger one wishes I could've reached her on time.

Now, being back at the coffee shop and sitting across from James, I curse myself for not being fast enough.

"Huh, the first time she slipped out of your bed, this time she slips out of your own fucking hands. I'm beginning to like her." Comes the unnecessary comment of James. 

"Oh I will find her. This is not the last she sees of me, that I promise." I reply determinedly, confidence making its way onto my voice.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?"

"I took a picture of her car's plate as she was speeding off. I'll track her down. It's time to find out who Arabella really is."