Chapter 6

Arabella's POV

Monday came by surprisingly fast.

In fact, the whole week went by in a flash. Preparations for the Christmas party which is in less than a week are being finalized, including the interior design of the building and the food menu. All is set, except one thing. My dress.

Shopping however, is the last thing on my mind and I would much rather send Suzana to get me something or find a presentable dress from my own closet, but she insisted and I quote "It can't be ANY dress. This is your first year as CEO and you have to make a good impression with a fantastic gown. Besides, I can't risk buying something you'll end up hating. YOU have to choose it."

Oh please.

The dinging sound of the elevator brings me back to reality, a reality I would much rather escape right now. Dressed up in a tight black dress with a grey blazer on top and my hair put back in a sleek ponytail, I stride down the hallway as confidently as I possibly can. Peeking down my bag, grey clothing is visible through the tiny opening, making me quickly avert my gaze elsewhere, since second thoughts are not an option right now.

Looking around the fifteenth floor of the building I'm enchanted, since as expected it is quite a spectacular sight. The floor is made out of white, shiny marble and most of the furniture is in white and light shades of grey, the overall floor reflecting a modern, elegant, yet cold demeanour. At first sight the entire floor looks compelling, however at a closer look it lacks personality, everything being too perfectly arranged. In the middle of the floor, a big circular table occupies the space, behind which two good-looking, formally dressed ladies seem to be drowning in work, however even their hurried movements look graceful and calculated.

As I keep walking towards the central table, I notice large cubicles which occupy the space on both my left and right. Finally, looking towards the end of the hallway, three large doors made out of glass stand proudly, but weirdly enough, the glass reflects the sight of the office and does not allow me to look inside. Must be a one way mirror.

"Excuse-me. My name is Arabella Cutter, I have an appointment with Mr Torres." I say to the blonde, who gives me a once-over before looking directly into my eyes with a forced smile.

"Yes. Mr Torres is waiting for you. Enter the middle door there, please." She says in a somewhat sweet tone and shows me the middle door of the three glass doors.

"Thank you."

The glass door acts like a mirror to me but I'm familiar with it's design. I don't hesitate when knocking, since he can observe all my movements from inside.

"Come in." his deep baritone announces with authority.

Pushing the door open I come eye to eye with the man who haunted my dreams not once, but many times. Trying to keep a straight face, I close the door behind me.

"Take a seat Miss Cutter." he points to the black leather seat in front of him.

Sitting down, I admire his large build which hugs his black suit perfectly, his broad chest and large muscles bulging impressively, shouting for attention. Looking straight into his eyes, his facial expression appears much more professional-like and collected in comparison to the one he had in our previous encounter, without a single sign of teasing in those dazzling, green-forest eyes of his. Instead, his expression reflects an intimidating tycoon who's ready to crush you, in order to get what he wants.