Chapter 3

Arabella's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to welcome you to today's meeting. As many of you must have heard, my father is indeed retiring and is leaving me to fill in his position. What started as a small business, is now a world-known company, consisting of a chain of luxurious hotels across the world. However, our aim is not to simply provide expensive services for the customers, it's much more than that. It's to be able to satisfy their needs under a pleasant and friendly environment, where each and every employee is carefully chosen. All of you, were required to have specific abilities and skills in order to achieve the best possible results for our costumers. I've been working for the company for three years now and I'm certain that with the council's and my father's guidance, as well as with your hard work we will achieve great things! Our newest business deal is coming up, where we'll be joining forces with Torres Enterprises, a company owning shopping centers across the world. I'm looking forward to that, as well as to your own ideas and suggestions. For any queries you may have do not hesitate to contact me or come find me in my office. Thank you for your time and have a nice day." I finish off my speech with a small nod, while taking a quick glance at the audience.

Heading back to my office I finally have some alone time. After yesterday's unexpected events I hadn't had enough time to actually think of what happened. Paperwork had me busy until very late at night and today I've been solely focused on work-related matters.

Slumping back on my chair, yesterday's events flash in front of my eyes. "Wait" he had shouted. What were the possibilities of seeing him again? In all of New York's glory, in all of its enormous population how was it possible to see him? Rubbing my eyes in frustration I can't stop myself from thinking about him. His eyes looked tired yet enthralling and had me bewildered once again. His beard had grown since the last time I saw him. His body, muscly and hard, looked even more impressive than the first time I saw his naked torso. Shaking my head, I scold myself for having such thoughts and instead try to focus my attention onto the yellow folder in front me. Torres Enterprises.

My thoughts are brought to an abrupt stop by the sudden opening of the office door.

"Arabella Analyse Cutter. You are in big trouble."

Of course, who else could it be?

"Not only do you become the CEO of the company without taking us out to celebrate, you don't even tell us in the first place!" A pair of blue eyes states fiercely while another pair of dark brown ones nod in agreement.

Shit how could I forget?

I shrug my shoulders in defense and before I even have the chance to provide some sort of explanation, the voice continues.

"I can't believe this! We are your best friends! We found out from a link to an article that my grandma sent me. Yes, you heard that right, my grandmother, who knows how to use the internet better than me!" Shay explains, her voice rising at least an octave higher until the end of her statement, a look of anger mixed with annoyance perceptible in her eyes.

"She's right Ar, we should have been the first to know." Natalia adds, a look of disappointment enveloping her.

"I just-I was gonna tell you, but then..With work and-and everything.." I let out a deep, immeasurable breath, while unsteadily getting up from my chair, going around my desk and standing right in front of them both.

"You're right. I should've told you. These past few days have been so busy and I can't even wrap my head around it. There's no excuse though, I should've let you know from the very first minute. I'm sorry." I finish, letting my eyes linger on the floor, feeling shameful for my actions.