The Slenderman

The cardigan with firewood gathered in it clattered lightly to the ground. I was hearing the same strange static sound that I heard at the Hospital so many times. This time however it was louder than before, I looked around and saw in the distance a tall person.

What was strange about this person was the fact that he was extremely tall and also had no face. Literally no face at all, for some reason I found this quite intriguing.

The static seemed to get louder and I saw the tall, faceless man dissappear and reappear closer to me. I jumped a little at his sudden movement but for some reason he didn't seem threatening at all.

My little 5 year old body wasn't coping with the cold breeze of the night. I was shaking quite a lot, but the shaking started to cease when a jacket was draped over my shoulders.

I looked up and saw the tall, faceless man kneeling down just beside me. I smiled and bowed my head lightly.

"Thank you Sir."

The man nodded his head and spoke, his voice wasn't coming from his mouth as he didn't have one. I was slightly confused by this but never the less I listened to what the man said.

"You are quite welcome little one, may I ask why you are alone in this forest."

"One of the carers asked me to collect firewood for Winter. I wandered into the forest and was greeted by my forest friends and now I'm lost."

The man hesitated for a few seconds then said. "Little one, did your carer tell you how dangerous this forest is..."

"Oh yes she did tell me when I was younger. But honestly this forest doesn't seem that dangerous and if it was I would be able to cope."

The man chuckled lightly making me look at him with complete confusion. I had never heard anyone laugh or chuckle before. The man patted my head and hummed lightly which made me croon softly.

The man stood up, picked me up and placed me on his shoulders.

"You are hungry and cold, also tired aswell. I'll bring you to my home so you can rest. I'll bring you back home tomorrow. Is that Ok?"

I nodded and yawned the gently rested my head on the man's shoulders. I heard the sound of static and suddenly we were in front of...