chapter 6

"Well maybe I don't want to quit" paige said with her big smile "I love my job and I love to get creative with my song~" she adds twiddling the pencil in her hands made of black ink. " just let me sing my lovely and creative song and I'll be on my way" paige said joyfully looking at you then the frightened manny that is still clinging on to you for dear life. For a split second her face showed guilt but then soon came to her normal happy self "no, you are not going to sing your song to any one of my friends while I am here" you said full of confidence.

Paige looks at you with a unreadable expression then looks at manny, paige wasn't afraid of you at all not even the thought of her being struck by lighting scares her at all. She does not fear the pain and misery of death since she can be brought back a few hours later as if she never had died. The things that makes her die inside is manny through pain not just because of her but also the other teachers after her. She is still surprised that the child can still hear after her coworker tony had made his ears bleed.

She does love her job, she did not lie but seeing the poor boy that is afraid at her presence made her feel that one thing that she never felt twords any other student she had OR in her hole existence... guilt. She never even knew she was capable of feeling a emotion like that, though she figured it would just go away after the 2nd lesson she will give to them but the more she thinks about it the worse the guilt was. This feeling is driving her mad.

"Stop it..." paige said "Stop making me feel guilty, it's getting annoying" she said, insanity in her magenta eyes. "If you feel guilty then stop doing what your boss tells you!" You yelled the wind started to blow hard with another strike of lighting flashing across the dark sky. "I can't I love my job I don't want to get fired or worse!" She yells at you with anger.

"Just stop! Just this once! Your boss wouldn't know." Then there was  silence.

Paige didn't know what to do. She knew you used to be a teacher just like her, then you mysteriously quit and never showed your face anywhere and yet the boss never noticed. She then thought that maybe you where right, she can just not do this one job and maybe sprinkle a few little lies here and there and the boss would never know. Though in the back of her mind she had serious doubts and dark thoughts on what would happen if he did find out.

Perhaps he could take away her emortality and send her to the underworld, maybe put her in a coma which she has been in before and it was not fun, or the worse thought she could ever imagine....
She could be locked in a room that is painted green and she can't put black paint anywhere!!!! That thought almost made her scream.

But what should she choose

Risk everything and not do this one job

OR

Just not listen to you and do the job anyway.

Decisions,decisions....

Still getting that intense feeling of guilt she decided to not do the job, who knows maybe what happens next will be more fun then the job she has.
She gives a smile "I guess it would be nice to not follow orders for a change, fine. I won't sing my song"
After hearing those words the sky clears and manny looks at paige still afraid. "N-no songs...?" The child managed to say.

"No songs"