13

Percy

Yawning I stretched, still in the pool.

   Might as well get this over with. Propelling myself out of the pool I landed gently on my feet.

    I'd give it an eight out of ten. If I were judging that is.

  Sneaking out of the gym I stalked down the hallway.

   So far so good. I rounded the corner only to run into Clint who threw me over his shoulder and lugged me to the kitchen like a sack of potatoes.

     He dumped me onto the kitchen floor not even bothering to see if I was okay.

     Then Natasha hauled me up and plopped me onto a stool, a plate of blue pancakes in front of me.

    "Eat." She commanded. I picked up the fork and picked at the food.

     Even if I didn't have nightmares it still takes about a day to fully digest food.

Yep I know stuff, don't look so stunned.

    Steve jogged in, slightly sweaty. I guess he went for a run or something.

   I really ought to train. I wonder if any of them can use a sword.

    "I'll be back." Natasha walked out coming back a minute later dragging Tony by his ear.

    I smirked, I never had to deal with that.

    People would draw straws to wake me up. That's how much they didn't want to do it.

    "Leave me alone woman." Tony pulled himself over to a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of scotch.

     "Its too early for alcohol Stark." Steve said. I didn't comment.

    Gabe was a drunk bastard and he was a jerk.

      But I never said he hit me. But I never said he didn't either.

    I never said anything because I was afraid my mom would find out and something bad would happen.

    Even after he was gone.

      "I don't care Steve. I need something."  He got out a shot glass and poured it.

Right as he was about to drink it I spoke up.

    "Please don't." Everyone, minus Thor he's still asleep Asgardians love their sleep, turned to stare at me, even Tony who lowered the glass.

     "Percy?" Steve raised his hand and I flinched away.

      Stop. He's not going to hurt you.

      At least I don't think.

     Steve lowered his hand and met my eyes.

     "Percy?" I stared ahead my eyes unfocused as my memories consumed me.

One day I came home late. Mom was back from work yet. So it was just Gabe and he was drunk.

    "Looks whose home. You're late. And you know what happens when you're late." He grabbed a fire poker and advanced towards me.

    I curled up in a ball to protect my essential organs, my demigod sense of self preservation actually worked back then, as he hit me with the metal rod.

    Every time I flinched, muttering 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

    "Percy! Snap out of it!" Steve's voice broke through the memories.