22

Natasha

"What?" Zeus asked in a calm demanding voice.

  "From what I can tell every night my son is tortured to the point where he has to heal himself to function normally. And it's been getting worse."

"Why did you not tell us this earlier brother?"

  "Because we can't help him. Remember? We sire our children and then we leave them to fend for themselves. That's how it works. That's how it's always worked." Poseidon seemed bitter.

Well I could see why. Percy is apparently his favorite, and not being able to help him.

"It took us how long to revoke part of the laws regarding our children and yet we cannot fully interfere. We can't even visit our children if they don't know about us." Poseidon continued.

  "Oh not to mention you two forced me into an oath that I ended up being the only one not to break." Hades added in.

  "Shut up Hades." Demeter said.

   "Okay so the whole waking up covered in injuries thing has happened before?" Stark asked.

    Poseidon nodded glumly. "It has happened ever since the Second Giant War ended."

  I was dumbstruck.

He hid that from his entire family this long?

   "Why wouldn't he say something?" Bruce asked.

   Poseidon sighed. "That's his flaw showing through. He will do anything in his power to keep us safe. Even if it destroys him."

"The poor kid." I said looking down.

Flashes of my past ran through my vision.

The ballet studio.

All of us girls.

Killing one another with our bare hands.

I clenched my fists.

   "Nat?" Clint touched my shoulder.

I snapped my fingers three times, causing him to back off.

That was my signal.

Ever since Wanda hexed me that one time. I can have relapses of being in the Red Room.

Normally I can contain them in my mind but physical contact can set them off.

  Taking a deep breath I looked up at the Olympians. "There are a few other members of our team. Do you want us to bring them in or leave them in the dark?"

   Zeus looked down at us. "No. We strive to keep our existence secret. If Poseidon did not give his permission you and Perseus would be dead."

  Poseidon glared at his brother.

  "Okay Perseus wouldn't be dead but you would be."

   "So what are we going to do?" Steve looked at everyone.

   "Well, I think the best option would be to send you to Camp Half-Blood and learn to be a demigod." Athena said.

   "I agree." Poseidon said.

The rest of the council flinched back and stared at Poseidon.

   Why?

Wait. Those two never agree.

"So you want us to learn to be a demigod. Can you guys please give us a crash course?" Stark asked.

   Poseidon nodded. "Demigods, as you know are hunted by monsters. Everyone of them has a scent, some stronger than others."