Chapter 1

Hello, just a quick side note: Chara's text will look like this. And I say 'white void' and not 'anti-void' or 'void' is because Error and Ink are in the anti-void and Goopster is in the void. And the void is pitch black. (I swear I am not racist) Also, 'white void' just is a description to what the remainder of Cross's AU, so it's not really a void at all. Did that even make sense...?

Nightmare still has two eyes. Well, anyways, enjoy Book One!

~~~~On With The Story~~~~

I was resting, laying down in the white void that was my home. What cha' thinkin'? Eh. Not much. I'm bored. Yeah, so am I. I closed my eyes and zoned out. There was nothing to do, anyways. Hey Criss-Cross, we have a visitor~ What? I opened my eyes to be facing the back of...? What is that? Whoever-or whatever- it was, they were completely unaware of my presence. All gooey black with tentacles. Well that's something new...

I grabbed my knife in case they were a threat. They turned around and we made eye contact. It readied their attacks, and their eyes glowing a bright blue. Welp, it was nice knowin' ya'! Bye-bye pal! Chara don't you da- of course...Chara's spirit could be seen hovering a few yards away from me. The newcommer looked confused, probably wondering where Chara came from. Chara floated away until they hit the barrier. It was the limit for how far away we could get from each other.

"Who are you?" The newcommer spoke. The voice told me that they were male.

"Why would I tell you that? This is my AU," I replied. He hissed in frustration.

"My name is Nightmare. Happy now? So what's your name?" Huh. Odd name. Rings a slight bell...

"My name is-" He cut me off.

"Sans, I know. I just asked to be 'polite', but-"

"No. My name was Sans. My name is now Cross," I growled, remembering my world before it went downhill.

Nightmare tilted his head to the side then asked, "Who is that?" Pointing at Chara.

"Oh. That's Chara," I told him. Chara floated back to my side.

I think he could be a threat. Be wary. No, Chara, I'm sure he's fine. I mean, he isn't attacking us, right? He could be tricking us. How did he even get here? Can he teleport AUs like Ink and Error? For once you have a good point. Okay, I'll stay alert. Nah, I'm always right. Says the once genocidal genderless evil demon child. Grr...

"Hey, are you okay, or are you asleep standing up?" Nightmare's voice made me snap back into reality. I blinked rapidly and looked at him.

"O-oh y-yeah I'm fine.... Chara and I just shared a few words..." Nightmare looked confused but just shrugged. "Oh and I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Why are you here, in my AU?" Our AU. Hehe..."Our AU..."

"Oh yeah. Me and my brother Dream got into a fight, he opened a portal to here, and tossed me in," He said.

"Oh that's where I've heard of you before..!" I remembered.

"What?"

"Ink used to visit me and tell me about different AUs... I wonder where he is... Anyways, he mentioned the brothers Nightmare and Dream a few times," Nice trip down memory lane.

"What did Ink say about me?" Nightmare asked, growing curious.

Don't. Say. Anything. He'll kill you! I'll be fine, Chara! "He said that you are the king of nightmares. You gives dark dreams to monsters who have strong negative emotions. Dream is the king of dreams, and gives all monsters well, dreams. Good ones," I told him.