Fight- Chapter 1- Swan-Jones

~~~~

I was walking back to the ship after visiting David and Mary Margaret, like I had done every Sunday since the wedding, two months before. Usually Killian, Henry and the twins came with me, but this time Neal wanted to see Henry and Alicia had a cold, so Killian stayed behind.

I had spent a good deal of the afternoon trying to convince David and Mary Margaret that there was something up with Greg and Tamara. I'd thought that there was something up with them ever since they arrived in Storybrooke, but nobody else believed me. Nobody except Killian and Henry.

Every moment I was waiting for something to happen, but I wasn't expecting to see Tamara waiting for me when I reached the docks.

"Tamara? What are you doing here?" I asked, warily.

"I just wanted to talk to you." Tamara said in an offhand manner.

"About?"

"Henry." She said. She must've seen by my face that I wasn't happy to talk about my son with her of all people, "I know, he's not my son."

"You got that right." I muttered under my breath.

"But," Tamara pressed on, "I'm still concerned that Storybrooke isn't the best place for him, or your twin daughters. Especially with you running off and being the saviour every other week."

"I guess you're right," I said, taking a step towards her, "He most certainly is not your son."

I strode around her and climbed onto the ship without another word to her. When I jumped down onto the deck I saw Killian standing with his back to me, but he turned around when he heard my footsteps.

"How did it go?" He asked, kissing me.

"Not so good. They still don't believe me," I said, "But the weirdest thing just happened."

"What?"

"Tamara was waiting for me when I got home, and she was just saying all these things. About how Storybrooke just isn't safe for the kids anymore- well, was it ever?"

"She is Henry's step-mother, sort of." Killian pointed out.

"But she has nothing to do with the twins."

"She was talking about Alicia and Rose too?" Killian asked.

I nodded, "I mean, is she right? Am I being stupid trying to keep them here when they'd be better off almost anywhere else?"

"No! Don't say that, Emma, because you know you'd never be able to give them up." Killian said, hugging me, "Don't get yourself in a state about it because it's not true."

I was about to say something when we were interrupted by a faint crying. We both turned our heads to the baby monitor we kept on a crate by the mast.

"Who's turn is it?" I asked.

"I've been with her for two hours, I think I'm done." Killian said.

"I was afraid of that." I laughed, stepping away and walking downstairs.

When I got to the twins' room, I found that Alicia was the one crying. Rose was lying in her crib as if nothing was happening.

Strange girl, I thought, picking up Alicia and trying to calm her down, but she wouldn't stop coughing.

"Everything alright, love?" Killian's voice asked from behind me.

I turned around so I could see him, "I'm seriously worried about her, Killian."

"Don't be, kids get colds. It's normal." Killian assured me.

"And how would you know?" I snapped without thinking.

My eyes widened at what I had just said. Killian looked both hurt and shocked at the same time; I had barely ever snapped at him before.

"Killian, I am so sorry-" I started, but he stopped me.

"Don't be, I know you're stressed out about, well, everything." Killian said, "Come here."

He hugged me and I wrapped the arm not holding Alicia around his waist. After a few moments I stepped back.

"I should probably call Neal, find out when he's bringing Henry back." I said.

"Good idea. Here, I'll take Alicia."

I carefully handed the now much quieter girl to him and took my phone out of my pocket. Finding Neal's number, I called him and waited until he answered.

"Emma?"

"Hey, Neal. I was just wondering when you were bringing Henry back?" I asked.

"Henry? Tamara dropped him back at the docks about half an hour ago." Neal said, panic setting into his voice.

"Then where is he?" I asked.

~~~~

Man I just realised how short this chapter is compared to the next one! But at least it's longer than the one when Gold attacked Hook.

This is actually already quite stressful because I've actually planned how the chapters are going to go which I didn't do last time. I literally made it up as I went along and if another idea came into my head while I was bored in maths then I had a new part! And this time I'm actually writing and publishing at the same time, but with LRL I had most of it written before I even considered publishing.

But here it is! And I know I said it wouldn't necessarily be this weekend but I lied :)