Fight- Chapter 6- Jones

~~~~

I paused outside Granny's diner, worried about what would be waiting for me when I walked through the door. Ruby and Granny already knew that Henry had gone missing, and they were bound to ask if we found him.

I couldn't pretend that everything was alright. They deserved to know what had happened to their friend.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open and stepped inside. Everyone's heads snapped up to the door, all waiting for news.

"Oh my god, Killian!" Ruby exclaimed, striding around the counter. Everyone had started calling me that, out of respect for Emma more than anything else, "What happened? Did you find him?"

I nodded, "Yeah, we found him."

Everyone sighed in relief, except for Ruby.

"That's a good thing, why do you look worried?" She asked, "And why are you covered in blood?"

I had completely forgotten about the cuts and bruises I was covered in.

"Oh, that's nothing." I said, offhandedly.

"What's going on?" Granny asked, walking in from the kitchen.

"Granny, get the first aid kit," Ruby ordered, "Killian, sit down."

"I really have to go-" Ruby glared at me, "I have to get back to Emma."

"I'm sure she'll understand that her husband needs medical attention. Now sit."

Reluctantly, I sat on one of the stools at the counter. Granny came back in with a green box that Ruby called a "first aid kit" or something like that.

"Honestly, I'm fine." I protested, but she ignored me.

Ruby opened the box and took out a little packet with "antiseptic wipe" written on it.

"What's that?"

"Don't worry about that," Ruby said, taking something out of the packet and wiping the cut on my forhead with it. I winced in pain, "Sorry. How did you even get like this in the first place?"

"It's a long story."

"I've got time."

"But I haven't."

"Why? What's so important?" Ruby asked, taking the wipe away from my head to reveal it was stained red.

I sighed, "Henry was kidnapped by Greg and Tamara, and when I found them they wouldn't let him go."

"So have they still got him?"

"No, I stayed in his place, but when I tried to escape, well," I pointed to the cut on my head, "Let's just say it ended with me beaten up and unconcious."

"That explains the black eye," Ruby said, "But how did you get out?"

"Emma came back for me, but-" I couldn't finish the sentence. I had got to the part I was dreading.

"Killian? What happened?" Ruby asked, sounding scared to hear the answer.

"Tamara shot her," I muttered, just loud enough for her to hear, "The bullet was poisoned."

Ruby dropped the blood stained wipe and covered her mouth.

"No. Not Emma." She breathed, a tear escaping her.

I couldn't say anymore, too scared that I was about to cry too.

"Killian, I'm so sorry," Ruby said, "But, you know what? I reckon Emma's going to make it. There has to be a cure."